Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I require a successor!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided to step aside as Moderator of this fair forum. I feel the forum would benefit from a fresh influx of ideas and creativity from someone else. But someone worthy ;)

State your case and I'll make my recommendations to the powers that be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Can you tell us a little bit about what is required for those of us who haven't modded or applied to be a mod on boards before? Apart from the obvious admin work of deleting spam, dealing with trolls etc
    I'd be interested and I'm on boards for quite a few hrs a day, been a member for a good while and the sci-fi section is one of my favourite forums, if only we could get a bit more discussion going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Assuming the position hasn't been filled yet, I'd certainly be interested.

I'm a fan of the genre and am into a fair bit of science-fiction and fantasy literature (a book every 2 weeks or so) and TV (too much really). I'll cover most flavours of the stuff too from the more light-hearted end (Robert Rankin) to the hard sci-fi (Greg Bear) so I'm not stuck into a particular mindset.

I think that the book angle in particular is something that could really be brought to a greater light in this forum, especially with some of the big hitters (Erikson, Jordan, etc) that aren't catered for elsewhere.
    We could look at updating the stickies as a number of them are fairly old at this point.

We could also look at stealing the thunder of other sci-fi/fantasy shows from the Television forum by providing a more dedicated forum for discussion - it'd be nice to be able to have this place as the one to discuss shows like 'Fringe' if we can.

I've also got experience, modding a number of forums including the sci-fi sub-category of Stargate and relatively busy forums too (Films) so that angle is no issue.

Let us know what you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The first rule of mod-club is never ask to be a member of mod-club ;)

This is why I won't put my case forward.

Besides...I'd make a terrible mod, given that I'd be too busy re-reading something for the n-th time to be bothered doing my job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

bonkey wrote: »
    The first rule of mod-club is never ask to be a member of mod-club ;)

This is why I won't put my case forward.

Besides...I'd make a terrible mod, given that I'd be too busy re-reading something for the n-th time to be bothered doing my job.

The best man for the JoB, :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Welcome this responsibility, I would.

yoda_1.jpg

Give it to me, you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

And now for the swimsuit round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

ixoy would be good imo.
    Wouldn't mind doing it myself. I like fantasy and sci fi and look at boards lots. I wouldn't delete things just because i disagree with them or they make me look silly, or lock threads because I don't know anything about them etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

azezil wrote: »
    And now for the swimsuit round!

This just got interesting!

Clearly I've triumphed in the swimsuit round :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fortunately, without any images posted. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for all the +ve comments! Hope I'll do a decent job!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You damn well better! :)

Best of luck to yeh ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Congrats ixoy!

Advertisement