Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an Irish Vodafone sim work in a locked Vodafone UK handset?

• 08-10-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Just wondering about that as I'm the market for a new phone and the UK prices are cheaper than the Irish even after taking the Irish credit into account (only €20? what happened to the days you got almost as much credit as the price of the phone...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

no, an irish voda sim wont work in a uk voda handset.
    Toy wrote: »
    (only €20? what happened to the days you got almost as much credit as the price of the phone...)

too many chancers ruined it for the rest of us, thats what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

Ah well, it's not going to be worth getting it unlocked. I might try to get by with my old old phone (there was an unfortunate accident) for a while in case of Christmas offers.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

What phone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

What phone is it?

I was thinking of the Nokia 6124, €189 here but £90 or €115 in the UK. I thought they had been giving €80 credit so that would work out but they usually do something more at christmas, so hopefully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

If you buy from a British Carphone Warehouse shop in Northern Ireland or England, it will be unlocked.

All their phones are unlocked. You can get them cheaper if you buy them with a Sim Card too at times. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement