Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Missing

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

To all of you who sent best wishes, advise etc....

Thankyou.

Good news.........

She was spotted in an area 5 to 10km from here and was strayed without collar.

Covered just about all of your pointers and got tonnes replies and calls. And yes eveb put up flyers... but went for a long walk with my girl and took them all down again therefore staying inside the littering laws.

Thanks again to you all.

Original message.

Bailey an 4 year old Collie / German Shepard Cross, Medium sized is Missing presumed stolen.

Black & Tan coat with distinctive "White Dove like" crest on her chest.

Is Microchipped and was last seen with Red collar and tag.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buer25

Aww really hope you find your dog:(

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

so do I , think ya should post in your localised region board too, although this forum may give you suggestions on the steps to take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Beautiful dog - hopefully you'll get it back.

The photo looks like a holiday photo - taken by the dog who was trying to get the cliffs in the background!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

The recent case of Roscrea SPCA getting her dog back is a good example to follow,.

Bombard people with emails (including rescue groups and pounds) and tell people to send them on to others.

Post flyers everywhere you can and get people in different counties to post flyers for you. You will have to do one up and circulate it.

Maybe also visit halting sites in the area and pass flyers around there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Vel wrote: »
    Post flyers everywhere you can and get people in different counties to post flyers for you. You will have to do one up and circulate it.

Maybe also visit halting sites in the area and pass flyers around there.

This would be in breach of litter laws, would it not??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Signs in shop windows, on the backs of friend's cars, on noticeboards in places like gyms, schools wouldn't be illegal with the permission of the owners. There are plenty of ways to get posters/flyers out there without breaking the law. And personally, I'd put posters on lamp posts etc. and take the risk of a fine if it meant getting my dog back. I would also ensure that if/when my dog was returned I would remove said posters from lamp post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

What location collymurphy? I hope you get her back, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 collymurphy

To all of you who sent best wishes, advise etc....

Thankyou.

She was spotted in an area 5 to 10km from here and was strayed without collar.

Covered just about all of your pointers and got tonnes replies and calls. And yes eveb put up flyers... but went for a long walk with my girl and took them all down again therefore staying inside the littering laws.

Thanks again to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Great to hear another happy ending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Great news that you got her back!

I wish politicians would follow your lead when it comes to their awful posters.

Advertisement