Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet is filthy .. anyway to fix it?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

I got some cigerette burn holes in my carpet
    A patch where its very dark from a spilt beer and also a small piece of chewing gum stuck in it
    lol...... :(

Im moving out of my apartment soon and i need to get this cleaned up or the landlord will freak, is there any companies that will do this? im in the dublin vicinity , thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Wow, totally took this title the wrong way :D That's what the Ladies Lounge will do to ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

nuxxx wrote: »
    A patch where its very dark from a spilt beer and also a small piece of chewing gum stuck in it

Im moving out of my apartment soon and i need to get this cleaned up or the landlord will freak, is there any companies that will do this? im in the dublin vicinity , thanks! :)

Hire out a carpet cleaner from a hire shop and make sure you have a mat for over the cigarette burns!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Wow, you're carpet certainly gets a lot of traffic, doesn't it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Subtext: Ladies lounge...Birds will know how to clean carpets....Sorted.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

stovelid wrote: »

Haha never thought bout that! I don't even own a carpet...so...no help here....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

stovelid wrote: »

true :p

anyone no of any carpet cleaning agensies in the tallaght area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

true :p

anyone no of any carpet cleaning agensies in the tallaght area?

Here's a link I find very handy for situations just such as this:

www.goldenpages.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

May I propose this query is moved to... ehm, i don't know, Physics & Chemistry, maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

B&Q hire out a carpet cleaning machine for 30 euro a day, it's easy enough to use and does a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

May I propose this query is moved to... ehm, i don't know, Physics & Chemistry, maybe??

How about home & gardening.
    Which can be found here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=875

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Here's a link I find very handy for situations just such as this:

www.goldenpages.ie

OP might be more used to this solution by the sounds of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

...is there any companies that will do this...
    God be with the days when we did our own cleaning up.

A carpet cleaner wont remove cigarette burns. Buy a mat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would suggest some creative placement of furniture, or casual mats strewn in an avant-garde fashion. Otherwise, take up the whole carpet and pivot it through 180 degrees so the stains end up under the TV or sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thrown over to DIY.

(Contact your local Des Kelly shop and get a new fitted basic carpet - a lot cheaper than cleaning it. Or get wooden/laminate floors if you are into serious partying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

If you an get a scrap bit of the carpet, you might be able to cut out the burnt bits with a razor blade and insert new pieces. If that fails cover with mat or rearrange furniture.

Advertisement