Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks are back!!!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I don't know about ye but I got mine :):):) I got upgraded from a C2 to a C1! YAY!!! no more repeating french for me =p

how did everyone else's go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i cant find my pin code for site :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

Didn't get an upgrade in English:( didn't need it though, had plenty for my UCC course that I love!!

Well done Keylimepie, does that mean you've missed out on a place in UCC this year? You didn't need a C1 to do French you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I logged into the site.

Are the results that show up the final ones after the re-checks?
    The ones I picked to get rechecked still have * beside them and the sesults are the same. :(

The reason I'm confused is because in one of them there was an adding mistake which had it been calculated correctly would ahve brought me up a grade!

I take it the schools have them too yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

No upgrade....wasnt necessary though due to a fortuitious 3rd round offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

where do i check if I got an upgrade???

I kinda hope i didnt get it cos then I'll have to decide if i want to change from this course :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Go to examinations.ie

School rang to confirm my worst fears that I hadn't received an upgrade in the subject I needed it to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Didn't get upgraded in English or Economics:(

There goes my scholly:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Got upgraded in chemistry to an A1 but its not enough!! Im still repeating :-(

I was really expecting an upgrade in english and didnt get it. Did anyone get upgraded in english???

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

aw.. all the results are the same in the table, do they supposed to have * sign beside them or something? how do you know they have been recheked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I didn't go up in any of my rechecks... groan.
    I really had hoped I would in English... I was so close to the A1!

Ah sure, I'm repeating anyway, so at least now I know not to waste time dossing (And leaving out half the questions on maths paper 2.. w/e)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

joey54 wrote: »

The reason I'm confused is because in one of them there was an adding mistake which had it been calculated correctly would ahve brought me up a grade!

The adding mistake paper should not have gone through a recheck procedure, there is a different form for that if obvious mistakes are found on the day of viewing the scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I appealed two subjects, History and English, and I got upgraded from an A2 to an A1 in both.

I didn't need it though as I already have my course. I was very surprised to get upgraded because I was 16 marks away from an A1 in English and 14 marks away from an A1 in History so it wasn't as if I was close.

I know it doesn't mean anything anymore but it was important for me as I put a good bit of work into the whole year and this was the final icing on the cake for me.

Does anyone know if we can view the scripts of our rechecked papers? I'd like to see where I got the extra marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Got upgraded in History, no luck in English. Bit pissed off, but sure I have my course. My ego will recover in time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

A friend of mine went from a B1 to an A1 in English....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Crania wrote: »
    I appealed two subjects, History and English, and I got upgraded from an A2 to an A1 in both.

I didn't need it though as I already have my course. I was very surprised to get upgraded because I was 16 marks away from an A1 in English and 14 marks away from an A1 in History so it wasn't as if I was close.

I know it doesn't mean anything anymore but it was important for me as I put a good bit of work into the whole year and this was the final icing on the cake for me.

Does anyone know if we can view the scripts of our rechecked papers? I'd like to see where I got the extra marks.

Don't think you can view them again, only if you were appealing again, and i'm not even sure if you get to view them for that. To be honest, i'd say just accept you got the grade and be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Didn't get upgraded from the A2 in Music, really thought I should have been tbh. Is there any procedure with regards to another appeal, or is that definitely the end of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

You can seek verification from a board of independent appeals scrutineers that the appeal was carried out properly. In that context, you can opt to view your scripts in Athlone in order to make observations as part of that application.

Details here: http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=gu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rohypnol

I got Art (B1), Irish (B3) and French (C3) rechecked. I needed to go up five points to be able to study primary school teaching in Mary Immaculate.

No change in Irish or Art (I was majorly pissed about Art. I deserved at least an A2. Damn my crappy still life..), but I went from a C3 to a C1 like the original poster.. It's crazy that they could've had it that wrong!

I'm oober pissed off at the education system. I've missed five weeks of the course and that's a lot of swotting to catch up.. which I'm unwilling to do. But I'm quite young so taking a year out isn't such a bad thing. I was doing a BSc Government in UCC but there's no point in doing it just for this year while I wait for the BEd I'm deferring to begin. What a waste of half the capitation fees though. Stupid fecking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Went from a C1 in English to a B3. Happy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

What a waste of half the capitation fees though. Stupid fecking points.

Don't you get all the fees back if you drop out before the end of October though? Thought it was half fees if you dropped out before January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Depends on how long you've been in the course, afaik. Trinity is only just started so if dropped out/switched now you'd probably be okay. Contact your tutor/college administrator person anyway... Though I see the poster in question is 5 weeks into the course. Might be a bit dodgy then, but only one way to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Ancee wrote: »
    Didn't get an upgrade in English:( didn't need it though, had plenty for my UCC course that I love!!

Well done Keylimepie, does that mean you've missed out on a place in UCC this year? You didn't need a C1 to do French you know.

i needed a C1 !!!!!!!!! -plugs ears and sings loudly-
    and i called up and got offered a place but instead im taking the year out ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Went up from D1 TO C3 IN Geogrpahy So I got my 1st choice in D.I.T Computer Science.

Not sure if im deffo gonna take it. It would be handier than I.T.Blanchardstown

Advertisement