Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legality of filtering through traffic

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Ah right.... humour.

Humour! Stone him! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

It's nice to see the D4 stereotypes are alive and well and stumbling around Donnybrook even with this recession and all: imagine the horror of letting your poor darling son face the consequences of his actions. (As it is, he might grow up to be a banker and then the rest of us can face the consequences for him.)

actually it was about 10 years ago.. (my how time flies) so , the kid is probably knee deep in the profits of dodgy mortgages he sold on to some poor Icelandic banking trader.
    He probabably drives a 4x4 with specially tinted windows that can make cyclists seem invisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

'68 wrote:
    Along the same lines..Who has the right of way if a cyclist and a car are approaching a crossroads, the cyclist is slightly ahead of the car and indicates to turn right?
    This happened to me yesterday. The car was behind me as i had my hand out but as soon as i moved to make the turn he started laying on the horn and screaming abuse! If I see him again his paint job is getting a custom finish.

I know in this situation the driver knew about you but in most circumstances the driver doesn't even realise they are at fault and will be shocked and/or angry if you bring their bad driving to their attention. Thats why I find the kick and spit technique to be perfect especially for busses (generally not dublin busses but the ones that come up from the country on a day trip!) and white van drivers! If they pull out in front of you without any care/caution for your safety, catch up with them, kick their door (doesn't have to be too hard at all) to get their attention then do a massive gobber on the window. Works a charm if you feel you need to get rid of some anger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I was filtering between stationary traffic at a school this morning. On the left cars were parked and the main lane traffic was stationary. I narrowly missed hitting an opening car door as a kid got out of the car on my right. It made me wonder though who would be to blame if I had collided. Me for filtering or the car for opening the door in the middle of the road.
    So a child got out of a stopped car outside a school in the main lane because the inner lane was full of parked cars, what an unusual and unexpected scenario! You were obviously aware of the school and the possibility of children alighting from stopped cars and you are wondering could you be at fault for "filtering" where you did?

Observe, anticipate, prepare, act.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hagar wrote: »
    So a child got out of a stopped car outside a school in the main lane because the inner lane was full of parked cars, what an unusual and unexpected scenario! You were obviously aware of the school and the possibility of children alighting from stopped cars and you are wondering could you be at fault for "filtering" where you did?

Observe, anticipate, prepare, act.

That would be true and any idiot would expect either doors opening or cars pulling in or out unexpectedly outside the school. However this was actually nowhere near the school as the traffic was blocked and obviously the parents felt that they wouldn't make it in time. I was going much slower than normal anyway as was able to successfully avoid it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement