Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrap dealers - dublin

Options
  • 08-10-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I have a 99 Hyundai Lantra which has damage to the front right wheel which would cost more to fix than what the car is currently worth, so unfortunately i gotta scrap it.

The car is in perfect condition apart from the wheel, engine is perfect etc. it only has 65,000 miles on the clock. So no doubt it will be a good find for a scrap dealer.

Can anyone tell me a good scrap dealer in dublin, and how much, if anything i could expect to get for it?

thanks

damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

How can damage to a wheel, cause damage to such a value that would make the replacement of the wheel uneconomic???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Not the wheel, the wheel bearing is damaged. I tried to put on another wheel but it wont fit. To even get it up to a mechanic would cost 100 quid in towing costs, and to get the problem fixed is going to cost several hundred on top of that. The car has a bit of body damage on one of the doors - i'd be lucky to get 500 quid for it without the wheel issue....it isnt worth getting fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Check the golden pages but there's a place on the nass road called duffy bros. Have a good rep. But i dunno if they'd give you much if they've to collect it. Ring around and get some prices

Advertisement