Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed, ECB and Bank of England cut rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Spoke to the EBS today - they said they wont be announcing anything untill the 21st of october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

if they dont introduce it , there would be worse problems as people will say , when the rates go up we pay the diff and when they go down the back wont reduce , f this i aint paying my mortgage

just proves they can cut rates if they want to

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Ebs mentioned they will be look at the swap rates when i was asking about the cuts.... ive a feeling there will be some clause

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Am I missing something here? How can banks not introduce this rate cut before November 1st?? Correct me if I'm wrong, please but even though I'm on a tracker with HBOS, with the ECB rate cut by 0.5% (as of yesterday), when I pay my monthly mortgage repayment on October 27th, it'll still be the same as it was BEFORE the rate cut :confused: Why aren't people kicking up holy sh!t about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? How can banks not introduce this rate cut before November 1st?? Correct me if I'm wrong, please but even though I'm on a tracker with HBOS, with the ECB rate cut by 0.5% (as of yesterday), when I pay my monthly mortgage repayment on October 27th, it'll still be the same as it was BEFORE the rate cut :confused: Why aren't people kicking up holy sh!t about this?

Trackers get rate cut automatically. The rate cut becomes effective from next Wednesday. The question is what will the variable rate be and what rate will new customers get?

• Advertisement
Advertisement