Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking {Problem}

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

a multi-story is badly needed. no question. many ppl, who do use the college live in the sorrunding area, drive in like from tullow etc. a pay per space, until the multi storey is built could be very useful.

whatever ppl say. i pay to study in college, but to get to study you need to be able to get there. i wouldnt mind increased congestion if a multistorey was built.

does any one agree>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

a5y wrote: »
    What if its pissing?! What are you, soluble? I've walked 20 minute walks to the college for three years carrying in everything from toolboxes to portfolios as needed in all weather conditions.

I don't pay my fees to build car parks for other people, I pay them to learn.

Well done to you but i'll keep driving. Have fun getting wet.

+1 respect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

has any1 got clamped yet?

iv seen nothing and starting to get skeptical about it all.... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I have saw one poor lad, he got clamped and he decided to remove the tyre so funny. Lord bless him, so yeh they do clamp people.

• Advertisement

foundry wrote: »
    has any1 got clamped yet?

iv seen nothing and starting to get skeptical about it all.... :cool:

Yesterday three cars were clamped down near the concrete lab back door :D

ah no.. poor feckers. i would go MAD.
    green road is a great spot!!!
    dont park on a kerb or double yellow n your grand :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What kind of clamps?

cheap ones with the chains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

aynon wrote: »
    a multi-story is badly needed. no question. many ppl, who do use the college live in the sorrunding area, drive in like from tullow etc. a pay per space, until the multi storey is built could be very useful.

whatever ppl say. i pay to study in college, but to get to study you need to be able to get there. i wouldnt mind increased congestion if a multistorey was built.

does any one agree>

I have no problem with the building of a multi-story car park being built so long as its paid for by only those who'd benefit from it. But I think the residents would complain that it'd affect the property prices (and that stops things dead altogether - the D6W postcode exists because residences complained a high number would lower their property prices FFS)

Basil_Fawlty.jpg"Drive safely, dear."

everyone would benefit. reasons why:
    1. people waling in wont get hit by drivers driving erratically to find a parking space.
    2. people walking dont get soaked when its raining. as above.
    3. people in wheelchairs would actually be able to use the ramps into the car park for the intended use. not parking.

• Advertisement

taken on wed by mate of mine. just in case you thought they didnt exsist any more.Image001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

car park situation need to be solved quick.. Ppl drive around like mad looking for spaces. I had a near crash twice already with people doing 30-40 km/h on tiny roads...

To start with, the area behind the E block needs to be properly equiped for parking - mark the ground, proper tarmac...

php-fox wrote: »
    car park situation need to be solved quick.. Ppl drive around like mad looking for spaces. I had a near crash twice already with people doing 30-40 km/h on tiny roads...

To start with, the area behind the E block needs to be properly equiped for parking - mark the ground, proper tarmac...

Great Idea but since no one is complaining about this they won't do anything. :( I want to smack a ruler on one of these head directors.

It took me 20 minutes to find a parking space today I mean wtf seriously.

Thinkin' of putting up a sign at reception, beside the clamp removal sign,

it reads:

"Clamp removal €30"

(Recently purchased an angle grinder and small generator) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 susie-q

I wish ppl would stop parking beside the pitch at the bottom down near the entry gates.. theres no parking space there but iv been blocked in more then once.. no the area i mean?? its so annoying

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Maybe a low rate pay and display is a good idea, the college could push that funding into proper parking facilities. In eastpoint business park in Dublin they built a parking garage and put an astro turf pitck on the roof. Very clever use of space.

Also a5y, if people were to only contribute to what they benifit from then the college would be one hell of a frankensteins monster. Thats just not how the system works.

tomorrow there is going to be an expierment held. please remember to bring your student card. only students and staff will be given a permit! there is a belief that some of the spaces are being taken by non college people, and some of our spaces are being taken by the vocational school, so this might get interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

tomorrow there is going to be an expierment held. please remember to bring your student card. only students and staff will be given a permit! there is a belief that some of the spaces are being taken by non college people, and some of our spaces are being taken by the vocational school, so this might get interesting

They did this before in 2005, it lasted for about a week until it was back to normal again.

Schism wrote: »
    They did this before in 2005, it lasted for about a week until it was back to normal again.
    i still have my sticker. but it is now, more then ever, a more pressing issue. wait a while and see what happens anyway...

• Advertisement

So they were handing out passes today. I drove in and of course forgot my student I.D.

...They still gave me one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Talldarkanhappy

Parking is going to continue to be a problem in the college. I think a rent or purchase of agri field to the Kilkenny side of Carlow and turn this into carpark and provide a park and ride facility having a bus available at peak hours with no access to the College after 8.50am.

Tdh

that would be an idiotic idea. imo. they need one multi-story car park, with access to student/staff only, as all staff except a select few, already have a student like i.d. card(its true!) so for say a nominal yearly fee, you get access to the carpark, i'd say the council would be up for funding it as their public road is being obstructed also by traffic in some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Schism wrote: »

I remember that. Terrible idea. There are plenty of solutions out there. It just seems the college is not willing to invest in one. A simple barrier and scanner card (which you pay a once off fee for or periodic fees) immediately solves the access issue and it will bring in money which could be used for a multi storey solution down the line.

I remember that. Terrible idea. There are plenty of solutions out there. It just seems the college is not willing to invest in one. A simple barrier and scanner card (which you pay a once off fee for or periodic fees) immediately solves the access issue and it will bring in money which could be used for a multi storey solution down the line.

Problem solved, if they'd implement it.

Has anyone driven over the new things they have at the gates now? I wouldn't say my car is very low but they're still scraping off the bottom of it. :mad:

you must be the only one, i have had not problem, and my car is fairly low.

susie-q wrote: »
    I wish ppl would stop parking beside the pitch at the bottom down near the entry gates.. theres no parking space there but iv been blocked in more then once.. no the area i mean?? its so annoying

I don't know where you're talking about but ye i can't understand the people who block in other cars

I had to help the security guy bounce a car out of the way one day cos he had blocked someone in :rolleyes:

Buzz should take on the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

I'd say the council would be up for funding it as their public road is being obstructed also by traffic in some areas.
    Hmm I know something needs to be done because from what I hear its getting out of hand but I get the feeling that there would be a local backlash against the council if it funded a carpark that denied entry to the local population

Hugh Conaghan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

so say you put up your barrier, everyone gets their cards, everyone pays the fees. great job.

but.. of all the cars that are in the carpark a small percent of them are not meant to park there which means the majority or cars will still be there.

so now you have people paying, doing what there suppose to and still no space to park.

what then.

a multistory would be a great idea but they won't do it, i can't to be honest see where all the options are, the college is surrounded by houses and roads - wheres the free space to put in extra parking?

and the shuttle bus idea would not work because the bus won't go reguarly enough and non college people will use it.

maybe they should consider this problem before taking up more parking space with their new SU for the boys.

Wicked

Advertisement