Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody work in an 02 retail shop? nedd some info

• 08-10-2008 12:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭

if anybody works in the above shop, i am looking to upgrade to an Iphone 3G if possibe.

we have a company account with approx 12-14 phones on it.
    i just rang Totterdells that we usually deal with but he told me that the retail shop is the only place to get an Iphone in.

anyway we have 2 platnuim upgrades available and 8 silver upgrades available if that makes any sense.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

You probably wont get an iphone in this country this year.

I would also not recommend getting one unless you jailbreak it, and for that the users would need to be fairly computer literate, it just doesnt work that well as a business phone without it. Things like copy and paste, mms will get your tech guy a lot of calls/argro when the people using the phone cant do what they want to do.

Saying that, if its just the one you are after for yourself, then go for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You probably wont get an iphone in this country this year.

I would also not recommend getting one unless you jailbreak it, and for that the users would need to be fairly computer literate, it just doesnt work that well as a business phone without it. Things like copy and paste, mms will get your tech guy a lot of calls/argro when the people using the phone cant do what they want to do.

Saying that, if its just the one you are after for yourself, then go for it.

yeah was mainly looking for one for myself!
    i got time to go to the rathmines 02 shop and they only have 2 left for sale!

i have a platnuim upgrade so i could of got the 3G white 16gb version for €129 but i had to swap my tarrif to a different price plan.

i have the power in my job to change phones, upgrade etc etc but i didnt wana change the tarrif just incase.

i didnt realise the Iphone has its own tarrif plans and that, so i guess its out of the question at the moment :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kceire wrote: »
    if anybody works in the above shop, i am looking to upgrade to an Iphone 3G if possibe.

we have a company account with approx 12-14 phones on it.
    i just rang Totterdells that we usually deal with but he told me that the retail shop is the only place to get an Iphone in.

anyway we have 2 platnuim upgrades available and 8 silver upgrades available if that makes any sense.

thanks.

ringing your account manager rather than asking someone on an internet forum might be a start...

you might want to check those upgrades again as well if they were approved more than a few weeks ago

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

krudler wrote: »
    ringing your account manager rather than asking someone on an internet forum might be a start...

you might want to check those upgrades again as well if they were approved more than a few weeks ago

as you will notice from my previous posts, thats exactly what i did.
    rang our accounts manager, they cant sell Iphones, only the retail shops can.

wanted to find out exactly what was on offer as i only a 20 min lunch today, so wanted to know exactly where i had to go and what i needed for the upgrade.

the matter has already been clarified and sorted out, and the upgrades have all been confirmed today over the phone and also in store.

Advertisement