Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That one

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

white-flour.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It's a sort of recoil effect, like my reaction to smear tactics. I react badly to what I perceive as undignified behaviour and do not believe it should be rewarded.
    My wife supports Obama, but makes her case calmly and without excess. Two attitudes which she does not exhibit are 'After years of Bush, it is the Democrats' God-given right to have the White House', because it isn't, and a general "Obama is the Messiah, McCain is Lucifer" sort of view, both of which are behaviours I have encountered on various web boards around the Net.
    NTM

In case you hadn't noticed, the internet is full of nut cases and extremists on both sides who are extremely annoying. Most people who support Obama (or McCain) are perfectly rational and coherent in their thoughts. I still think it is juvenile just to hope someone else wins just because of a few nut cases. Decide on the policies and who you think would make the best president.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Like Benedict, I have.

Seeing the effect it has on the annoying Obama Faithful would just be a positive spin-off.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

yaynay wrote: »
    Can you explain why you believe the comment had 'racist overtones'? Would you of had the same opinion if the comment come from Obama? It really pisses me off at how quick people are to pull the racist 'card'. :mad:

I didn't think the comment had racist overtones. I don't think McCain is racist - I do think he hates Obama with vehemence.

Personally, I think it was a stupid blunder. However, I can imagine a lot of people believing that it had racist overtones, hence my asking how people here interpretted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I dont think he hates Obama. Heres a clip of him defending Obama repeatedly. No real hatred that I saw - if anything McCain could have been stumping for Obama. Thats his problem, hes too honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Sand wrote: »
    I dont think he hates Obama. Heres a clip of him defending Obama repeatedly. No real hatred that I saw - if anything McCain could have been stumping for Obama. Thats his problem, hes too honest.

****1n hell, nice crowd of poeple there. Your wan was the best though, bit cat lady head on her "I don't trust Obama, he's an Arab".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I think he realises he has gone too far and is now trying to tone down all the crap he has caused. I honestly don't think this is the campaign McCain wanted to run. He has allowed it to be hijacked by the Karl Rove type element. I do believe he is a decent guy who has let circumstances get away from him.

Advertisement