Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1.4m bonus scheme HSE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

If the scheme is managed correctly then I have no problem at all with the bonus scheme.

If a manager increases efficiency in a department or increases the services without decreasing the value then they should get a bonus. Why not bring a more commercial model into the health service? The scheme should be a % of savings or efficiency improvements by each manager and not a blanket scheme.

I am a manager and I am on a bonus scheme. It makes me think outside the box and keeps me motivated to improve my department as its linked to salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Leadership wrote: »
    I am a manager and I am on a bonus scheme. It makes me think outside the box and keeps me motivated to improve my department as its linked to salary.

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bingowy5.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist it. :D

I agree with you insofar that one of the main problems is efficiency and anything that improves that is welcome.

Large bonuses are not tasteful in the current economic climate, and especially not in the health services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

yes Leadership -you are a manager. I hope thinking outside the box is not just nicking others ideas and passing them off as your own. the usual managers way of thinking outside the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

LOL Boardroom bingo, nice one ;)

As to stealing ideas from the team yes I do.....However I always give credit where its due and succession planning is a driver (and measure) of mine so the whole team benefits although admittedly not to the same level.

Back on subject with a budget of 1.4mil I doubt these are fat cat style bonuses with the amount of managers who would be in scope. I would rather see a successful HSE manager get a bonus than a stagnant health service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

LOL Boardroom bingo, nice one ;)

As to stealing ideas from the team yes I do.....However I always give credit where its due and succession planning is a driver (and measure) of mine so the whole team benefits although admittedly not to the same level.

Back on subject with a budget of 1.4mil I doubt these are fat cat style bonuses with the amount of managers who would be in scope. I would rather see a successful HSE manager get a bonus than a stagnant health service.

I dont disagree with the idea of a bonus but I can't see that anyone running things at the HSE should be in line for one.
    It seems to me that its the biggest problem for the HSE...starting with MH. All the money seems to go to their salaries and not to providing services. Come to think of it...that's across the board in this country. Then I hear people talking about the corrupt governments in Africa causing all the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Enda Kenny wrote:
    Cancer misdiagnoses, rampant MRSA and C. dif, 1200 acute beds unoccupied while people lie on trolleys, etc. are not results deserving of a 20% increase in bonuses.
    This is a matter for the HSE.
    The above is paraphrased a bit but it is essentially what was said in the Dáil. So while this is a disgrace, and an insult to the families of patients who have died as a result of HSE mismanagement, nothing will be done about it until the Government realises that the HSE is not a completely independent body with absolutely no ties to the Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

the bonuses are for improving efficiences in the HSE?

isn't that part of their job anyway?

best to do would be get rid of non essential staff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's a reward for gross inefficiency.:mad:

Advertisement