Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC installation times

Options
  • 08-10-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Just ordered broadband off UPC and was amazed at what I was told.
    Ordering over the phone incurs an installation charge of €25 and you can have an appointment next monday so I said to the rep that I'd order off the Internet where there was no installation charge but she told me that wait times for an appointment are 5 to 6 WEEKS on internet orders :eek:

I asked how this could be and she said "we're trying to encourage people to order by phone" !

Also, someone i spoke to yesterday said the first 2 months half price offer was dead but today I got it, so worth checking !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I ordered their phone service last Wednesday evening over the phone, The girl on the phone told me about the €25 install charge but said she was going to take that off because I had broadband already and they would only be swapping my modem for a new one which she said they would have to do in the future anyway!
    I also got the first two months line rental and call package half price... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

ordered on the internet last thursday and have installation time for this friday. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

gravity12 wrote: »
    ordered on the internet last thursday and have installation time for this friday. :-)

Gits...I'll be getting onto them about this. They gave me some story about the internet orders being generated in India and too many coming through to deal with so lots of internet orders were being "lost" !

Advertisement