Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card stolen from hostel in Auckland, NZ

Options
  • 08-10-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

..had my wallet in my jeans just beside my pillow... woke up in the morning and wallet was upside down in jeans... wasn't until 6pm that I realised CC was missing.. even though cash was still there....Found out from BoI that someone went on an all-day shopping spree, starting with breakfast and ending with the purchasing of some nice jewlery.. arrgh! 1st night in NZ and all...

Has this ever happened anyone before? The cops want me to provide them with a printed statement of CC Transactions, which I dont have and can only get from the fraud dept in BoI, and I'm 12hrs ahead of GMT so it doesnt open until tonight.. I got the Transactions over the phone but for some stupid reason they only want a printed statement (which in theory could be just made in word)

Anyway, if you are staying in ACB/Base Backpackers in Auckland, be careful and lock away all your stuff... after 6 months in Asia without a problem I let my guard down in 'one of the safest cities in the world'...

Any this is just a rant... had this happened anyone else before? Talk about bad 1st impressions.. I even had to cancel my Kiwi Experience trip for two days so I'm stuck in Auckland until Friday... any advice on what to do to pass the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry to hear that, not a nice thing to happen at all. You should be covered by by insurance and if you havent got insurance then BOI will refund you as well I presume. Anyway do they not ask for a pin for all transactions like they do over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Copied here for advice on the credit card issues

Advertisement