Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clifford G5 Problem

Options
  • 08-10-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Having a bit of trouble with the clifford alarm on my cabriolet, basically it appears to be going off completely randomly... I first thought that the proximity sensors had too high a sensitivity and it does be parked in tight spots etc. I got the sensors adjusted and thought that would be the end of the problem.

However just now the alarm went off for a few moments for no apparent reason. The only other thing that crosses my mind would be that the battery in the car is going low - would this cause the alarm to go off like this? And if I change the battery do I have to do anything to the alarm first?

Thanks in advance for any help given

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Could a battery that is running low cause the clifford alarm to go off at random times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

What model clifford is it (G5 is just the generation)

Proxys cause havoc especially with the recent rain and depending where its placed.Also depending on the model if there's a shock or omni sensor this could also well be the problem.

You dont need to do anything when changing the battery,depending on model the siren may sound once the batterys removed but just reconnect the new one and off you go

Thanks very much for coming back to me, its a Concept 650

From what you've I've got to get this serviced to find out what the problem is, you wouldn't have any information on clifford approved alarm people in the South Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Thanks very much for coming back to me, its a Concept 650

From what you've I've got to get this serviced to find out what the problem is, you wouldn't have any information on clifford approved alarm people in the South Dublin area?

MDS Ireland, Give Brendan a shout on 0872384394. Only people i'd use for a Clifford !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Your alarm shouldnt need to be "serviced" so to speak.How long ago was it fitted for you or did it come with the car?

Who adjusted your proxy sensor?it's manually adjustable so if you want to adjust it yourself i'll tell you how and see how you get on from there instead of paying for the same thing to be done.

• Advertisement

It came with the car, which I purchased privately. Realise now that I got stung on the sensor thing but can get over that. Thanks for your offer of help there eireal, I think the only way forward though is to get it onto a computer so someone can see what set off the last few alarms.

So far I've tried two places that can't fit me in until next Weds, I got one guy who said he would make it out to see me this afternoon which I thought was brilliant but now his phone is going straight to voicemail. So that was 3 hours wasted.. I'm going to try the number that DaveD has provided now and hopefully will get somewhere.

Turns out the guy was on meteor and his coverage was bad... His name was Chris and was from www.motovation.ie. He came directly to my house last night at 8 and looked at it for me, was very professional and knew his stuff.

Basically a load of the settings on the alarm were setup incorrectly, he found that the door was causing the trouble and that it could be something to do with a micro switch.

Done a professional job and it was clear to see that these guys take pride in there work and I'd recommend them.

Thanks for the input eireal and DaveD

Advertisement