Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo too loud!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

The battery on my car died a couple of days ago. I charged it again using jump leads and it seems to be fine. It was missing water according to my dad. I didnt know batteries needed water!

Anyway its fine now but the radio and clock were knocked off. Obviously the clock can be reset easily. But the radio is just ridiculously loud and cant be changed. I can hear the cd or radio but the volume cant be changed. Its a pioneer stereo i had installed about 6 months ago. It doesnt need a code or anything. The car is a 96 Punto.

Anybody got any ideas? Ive read the manual and it has nothing about the problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

remove the radio and use an ipod.... or buy earplugs ?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Disconnect the power to the radio for a while (maybe an hour) then reconnect it and see if the problem persists. If it does then the radio maybe knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

flip the face down or look on the face itself towards the bottom right side of the panel,there should be a pinhole reset,insert a pin in for a couple of seconds and see how you get on.

If you cant find it post a picture of the face

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

The face is removable and it doesnt seem to have a reset pin on the face or underneath. its a Pioneer DEH1000E. Ill try removing the power and see if that works. thanks.

Advertisement