Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom refund of dial up??

Options
  • 08-10-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Eircom dial-up. I had it until June when it wouldnt work anymore. I contacted the service provider who, at a fortune, told me that it may have been the software. When contacting microsoft, it appears that the person who put the software in had copied it illegally,.:o:o:eek:

Now my question is, can I get a refund for the dial up system that hasnt been used since June as I am still getting charged for using something that doesnt work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

G Luxel wrote: »
    Eircom dial-up. I had it until June when it wouldnt work anymore. I contacted the service provider who, at a fortune, told me that it may have been the software. When contacting microsoft, it appears that the person who put the software in had copied it illegally,.:o:o:eek:

Now my question is, can I get a refund for the dial up system that hasnt been used since June as I am still getting charged for using something that doesnt work?

Is was the operating system that caused the lack of connection, not the eircom side. You are entitled to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

You should probably cancel it now, but really it's not eircom's fault you can't use it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not Eircom's fault, issue was beyond there control, cancel it now and cut your losses if you didbn't want it back in June or couldn't use it back then you should have canceled it then.

Its the same as if your TV broke back in June and you couldn't watch Sky anymore, sky still provided the service but its not their fault you didn't use it, wouldn';t be there job to give you anything back. they wouldn't have broken any laws or contracts

Advertisement