Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is CIT xmas day?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

As a veteran of 4 Cit xmas days I am eagerly awaiting this years one. The B-town was absolutely mental last year, we're talkin riping toilets off the walls mental, yes that actually happened. I didnt think the place could hold so many people.

If you have never experienced it before, the whole collage just goes crazy. So just go with it and go mental yourself for one day only.

Anyway, what day is it on, anybody?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

According the general meeting this week, it will be either the 20th or the 27th.

But it may not go ahead, because last year it got out of control. There are politicians and all trying to get it stopped.

some of the stories from last year. it's a wonder no one was actually killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

HaHa, yeah. But seriously it would be horribly missed if it didnt go ahead, one of the best days of the year, and im sure b-town wouldnt be complaing too much they must have made serious cash that day, same with the outpost and even the loft.

What happened that was actually that bad anyway?

Mike.230 wrote: »
    HaHa, yeah. But seriously it would be horribly missed if it didnt go ahead, one of the best days of the year, and im sure b-town wouldnt be complaing too much they must have made serious cash that day, same with the outpost and even the loft.

What happened that was actually that bad anyway?

a bouncer hospitalised. guys lieing across the model farm road ****ed off their heads. elder people beaten up. people breaking into gardens to have sex.

politicians approached the SU and all about it, saying the whole community don't want it to go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

Woah! really, I knew it was mental, but didnt know it was THAT mental!!! I can see why they would want to shut it down, maybe a better larger location is what they need, instead of carnage on the streets of bishopstown. Would be a shame if it didnt happen though.

Mike.230 wrote: »
    Woah! really, I knew it was mental, but didnt know it was THAT mental!!! I can see why they would want to shut it down, maybe a better larger location is what they need, instead of carnage on the streets of bishopstown. Would be a shame if it didnt happen though.

what they need to do is for all the ****heads to stop being ****heads. anyone caught causing hassle should just be thrown out of the college. that would do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Last year I was in the library studying for an exam during this day. Exam was on that day I think - you've no idea how horrible it was.
    Saying that though, when I was leaving at around 3pm, I drove up by the B town and there was people in ditches and nothing but cans on the road. Crazy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

if it dose go ahead I think the SU will have to talk to the students !!!!!

It would be a huge loss tho ....

I mean the b -town and the other bars will prob just go away and organise something themselves.

Seanot wrote: »
    if it dose go ahead I think the SU will have to talk to the students !!!!!

there's no talking to some of the mopes here

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

Hope it goes ahead tho ....... :(

Seanot wrote: »
    Hope it goes ahead tho ....... :(

when all is said and done i'd be surprised if it didn't...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ITS1

i hope it goes ahead like but the way the SU where talking dont look it will be casue what happen last year

ITS1 wrote: »
    i hope it goes ahead but the that SU where talking does not look like it

dude read your posts before you submit em, that make's absolutely no sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

don't think it'll go ahead, and trust me, after all the damage caused to all the pubs after last year they won't be too quick to organise something themselves if it doesn't go ahead

it's such a balls that people just can't have a laugh without going over the top...but i suppose that applies to a lot more than CIT xmas day...

i mean we all like to get a bit drunk, but the sh*t that went on last year was embarressing to the college...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I haven't experienced it before being a fresher but if its like what people are saying it really shouldn't go ahead. Or if it does they would need to try and inpose so controls or something. It really sounds completely out of hand and will give the college a really bad name. I'm sure its only a relatively small few people causing all the probs too.....as usual

suppafly wrote: »
    I'm sure its only a relatively small few people causing all the probs too.....as usual

you see that's the problem. it's not a small few people. there are just too many f*ckheads in CIT. "mad yokes" who do courses that are low points and drop out then come January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

you see that's the problem. it's not a small few people. there are just too many f*ckheads in CIT. "mad yokes" who do courses that are low points and drop out then come January.

some of them make it through till after january though..

towel401 wrote: »
    some of them make it through till after january though..

oh ya, but you know the type i'm on about

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

ya i agree

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    ya i agree

:rolleyes: they'd let anyone on boards these days...

• Advertisement
Advertisement