Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forth year project labs

Options
  • 08-10-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok I'm here just to state that the lab on the first floor (a117) and third floor of Kevin street (a305) are regarded as project labs and should not be used unless you have a class . these labs are vital for the forth years in completing there project work and are being filled with first and second years which are not allowed in them.

The game lab being setup on the third floor is also being still regarded as a project lab and as such unless you have a class you should not regard this as a free lab .

seriously the last thing the forth years need is to have there labs swarming with people who have no right to be there in the first place .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The game lab being setup on the third floor is also being still regarded as a project lab and as such unless you have a class you should not regard this as a free lab .

Think the only classes that will be in that lab are Games Programming, Robotics, Programming Games Worlds, Programming Game Behaviour, Online & Mobile Games, Graphics & Image Processing & Music Technology which are mostly 4th year classes.

From what I've heard if your not in a final year of your course (DT228, DT211, DT249) or have a class you won't be able to log into that lab. And if you do have a class in there and aren't in your final year, you'll only be able to log in for the time allocated for that class.

You'd think the "FINAL YEAR PROJECT LAB" sign on the door would give it away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

all i can add to this is there is a load of bull**** being fed by lecturers and students and it's all coming from second hand sources, it's a vicious game of chinese whispers.

certain lecturers are basically creaming their pants because there will be x amount of xboxes there, christ grow up like.

a load of e-cockery is involved too.

this issue has been raised with the DT228 mentor, the head of computing, FYP co-ordinator and the president of the students union.

i'm all for a games development/multimedia lab 110% i think it's a ****ing great idea (after seeing what some of last year 3rd and 4th years produced) but it should only be accessible to those actually taking game streams subjects or multimedia based 4th year options. and having 3 guys from DT228-4 who worked in Havok over the summer just goes to show the need for such a lab.

but it's a ****ing totally disgrace - typical of DIT - to pick the wrong lab to do this to as well. i'd love to meet the people who made this decision or the people that were in the meeting that decided "ohh 305 is a great place to have a games/multimedia lab". they've obiviously all have the brain power to compete with a brain damaged goldfish.

there are how many final years in the school of computing? 5? ok, and a quick count of the list of people in DT228-4 shows there are 45 people in this course, and a quick count of the machines in A117 gives 22 with one broken :rolleye: so that's 21. my 3 year old nephew could tell me that it isn't going to work and i haven't even factored in DT211 final year which would be similar numbers.

this is for you DIT http://smiliesftw.com/x/huge_roll_eyes.gif although it's size doesn't do you justice.

Advertisement