Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use the GPS on my Blackberry

• 08-10-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

I recently got a Blackberry from work and have noticed that it has an internal GPS receiver and some maps on it. I am based in Cork and can zoom right into the city streets but cannot actually get the GPS to navigate as such.

Anyone know if this is possible on the Vodafone network or if there are some settings etc which I need to change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

I thought mine had GPS but it was only the maps I found out later, its only a basic pearl though so you might a better spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Yeah I def have GPS and got it working after messing around with it for ages earlier.

I have a Curve 8310 and if you go to Settings -> Advanced Options -> GPS and hit your menu button and select refresh GPS it picked up all the satellites and works away.

It constantly has to download the maps depending on where you are though so it could be costly.

Anyone know of a way of storing the maps locally on the device or on the 1gb memory card I have in it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Theres no way to store the maps for Blackberry maps, but then again, if you are on Blackberry tariff, its all free of charge anyway as its unlimited data

Advertisement