Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd McCain-Obama Debate 15 October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Seanies32 wrote: »
    Goog God, Joe will never be able to show his face again!

There's no show like a Joe Show!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Cadet?

So, will Joe the Plumber be on Fox news or MSNBC tomorrow?!

Would love to know who he's going to vote for!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Joe Plumber can be BFFs with Joe Sixpack :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Vote for Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, the bars moved for McCain there for the first time in ages, attacking public spending!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Obama just killed McCain on healthcare there - he sounded very convincing that he believed his plan was better.

The whole Joe thing by McCain has been awful.

McCain is really flailing about the place.

Someone should tell McCain that you can't run for president on an anti-government ticket.

WHERES THE LOVE? WHERES THE BI-PARTISANSHIP LADS? JAYSUS! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I vote for Senator Government. I mean, its just such an electable name ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Did he just say I wouldn't set a litmus test, I'd appoint anyone who is qualified and THEN in the next breath say that anyone who agrees with Roe Vs Wade isn't qualified....?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Overheal wrote: »
    WHERES THE LOVE? WHERES THE BI-PARTISANSHIP LADS? JAYSUS! :mad:

There's no aisle to reach across. They can't do it without an aisle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

GuanYin wrote: »
    Did he just say I wouldn't set a litmus test, I'd appoint anyone who is qualified and THEN in the next breath say that anyone who agrees with Roe Vs Wade isn't qualified....?????

Yep he said that

Pity the graphs on the screens of Wall Street weren't as stable as the CNN audience reaction graph...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

GuanYin wrote: »

Yup - shocking carry on by McCain - surely anyone with any sort of intelligence will be able to see this.

McCain losing it big time now - I think he knows he hasnt done nearly enough to narrow the gap - looking very rattled whereas Obama coming accross as more presidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Cadet?

Slow start by Obama, but even at this stage I think he'll be adjudged to have won.

(McCain saying that Obama voted against afterbirth care for failed abortions in Illinois was absolutely despicable.......- lost a lot of respect for him there)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

CNN website pundits have already given them their "final grade"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/15/debate.reportcard/index.html

Update: Incorrect, that's from previous debate

Cadet? wrote: »
    Slow start by Obama, but even at this stage I think he'll be adjudged to have won.

(McCain saying that Obama voted against afterbirth care for failed abortions in Illinois was absolutely despicable.......- lost a lot of respect for him there)

He's definitely going for the slow and steady approach, which seems to be working well for him. Mc Cain is acting like he is desparate and losing the campaign...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not much on foreign policy tonight?

What would Joe think?

Anyway, I think Joe for President.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Republican approval nearly broke the top of the graph during Obama's answer on education.

current tally: McCain 82; Obama 99

tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

there's already put a page up about joe on uncyclopedia http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/UnNews:Presidential_candidates_devote_all_remaining_funds_to_one_voter

Obama's idea to get people into college is ready good

• Advertisement

Has anyone noticed that Republicans in the audience seem to agree strongly with Obama but the same is not happening for Mc Cain???

Tom65 wrote: »
    Republican approval nearly broke the top of the graph during Obama's answer on education.
    Its Male and Female not Rep and Dem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Post traumatic stress disordered vets coming back straight into the classroom, without any qualifications... great idea McCain!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Did McCain just suggest military personnel should be able to move into teaching without passing exams or something? I wasn't entirely paying attention at the time, but that sounds ridiculous.

Overheal wrote: »
    Its Male and Female not Rep and Dem

The audience reaction one marked "Rep", "Dem", and "Ind"?

Maybe the male/female one was as well. Watching more than one graph at once is really difficult...

Post traumatic stress disordered vets coming back straight into the classroom, without any qualifications... great idea McCain!

Probably cause college massacres to jump up...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mc Cain has really lost it with his negativity and smugness.
    Obama is much calmer.
    Mc Cain keeps on repeating the same bloody sound bites and his glass half full optimism.

Mc Cain has really lost it with his negativity and smugness.
    Obama is much calmer.
    Mc Cain keeps on repeating the same bloody sound bites and his glass half full optimism.

What has autism got to do with Sarah Palin??? I thought her child had Down's Syndrome???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Mydebates.org b0rked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Darragh29 wrote: »
    What has autism got to do with Sarah Palin??? I thought her child had Down's Syndrome???

Nothing ,but Obama mentioned Autism as its a special needs area.

Advertisement