Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween in dublin

Options
  • 08-10-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi, my and my friend (We are 16 years old)are staying in dublin for halloween. Do you know any good partys where to go at that time?:p
    Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

You won't get into any pubs/clubs without a valid ID. Upon googling, I found a band called Head Start who are playing an all ages gig at Radio City.

http://www.bebo.com/head-start
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=78364180

Have no idea who they are or what they're like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Be very cafeful around Dublin City Centre if you do go out anywhere that night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Tannylan wrote: »

Bigtime! It's Hallowe'en in Dublin. And that means.. oh wait, it's Hallowe'en everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Tannylan wrote: »

Be very careful around any city centre if do go out any night.

Tannylan is definitely right, not much of an explanation though! St. Patricks night, New Years eve and Halloween are the lawless nights of Dublin. Unfortunately not in Mardi gras way. The emergency services are very stretched and every little scum bag comes out of the woodwork. Fortunately for you they will be sticking around their turf protecting their bonfire and making their neighbours miserable. Stick to the softer parts of town (grafton st. area) if you can.

The last thing you want is to be refused from everywhere and end up wondering around town... Unfortunately, I am old and don't know the where you can to, best of luck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hmeve

Thanks, but doese anyone know is there anywhere to go on hallowene in that area?:confused:

• Advertisement

Its going to be very much over 18 over 21 booze orientated to be honest. Are you staying with friends? Are you specifically coming up to party in Dublin? There is going to be attention on ID because of the night its going to be.

Would you consider another weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭unit88

id say if u no any one in dublin go two a bonfire near them because the city center is madness on holloween

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Do not go out anywhere in Dublin city where you do not know the people or the area.
    That I suppose would apply to any area in the country, but it is Halloween night, and there will be a lot of underage drinking, and people will be in costume, so a lot of anonymity so you need to be very much on your guard.

Sadly there is nothing for your age group that I know of going on, I could only suggest you check out the likes of browse ireland etc.

Enjoy

Bell:D

bellapip wrote: »
    Sadly there is nothing for your age group that I know of going on, I could only suggest you check out the likes of browse ireland etc.

Yes... Bellapip, dead right. Not sure if there is ANYTHING going on for your hmeves age group and that is a shame.

Unit88... City centre is actually not that bad, its the outskirts that are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

one of the cinemas usually do a horror fest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement