Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Doctor

Options
  • 08-10-2008 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Anyone recommend a female doctor around limerick city, preferably on the clare side? bit sick of my local GP and would like to try going to a female gp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

dnClar wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a female doctor around limerick city, preferably on the clare side? bit sick of my local GP and would like to try going to a female gp.

Hey I'm a bit like you...sick of my own gp...went to see a new female one the only thing is she is in Dooradoyle medical centre but she's brilliant and so friendly! Gillian Boland 306922 Sorry I can't recommend anyone closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dnClar

Thanks pink star. Friend of mine started going to her, she loves her, but couldnt picture myself trying to get out to that side of the city. So few female doctors around. another one i know of only does 2 days a week, so have to wait weeks for an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 city girl

Try Dr Paula Gaire on St Harry's Mall tel 419121

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try either Dr. Marcella McCann (mother) or Dr. Giolla McCann (daughter) on 061 451499, Westbrook House across from Ivan's in Caherdavin. Both share the same practice and are very good listners. Our family GPs for a few generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try either Dr. Marcella McCann (mother) or Dr. Giolla McCann (daughter) on 061 451499, Westbrook House across from Ivan's in Caherdavin. Both share the same practice and are very good listners. Our family GPs for a few generations.

I recently went to see Giolla and she was lovely!! I highly recommend her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

supermommy wrote: »
    I recently went to see Giolla and she was lovely!! I highly recommend her!

Id also go with Giola, she is really sound and actually cares about the people she attends to.

Went to her during the summer for the first time since i was a kid and she was asking how all my family are getting on, great woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

I go to Críona Burns in Caherdavin, who is also great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know its on the wrong side, but Laoise Griffin, based in University Court, Castletroy, is probably the best doctor I have ever been to. I'll guarantee it's worth the extra few miles. Lovely woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

froodie wrote: »
    I go to Críona Burns in Caherdavin, who is also great.

+1 and Moya Coffey in the same pratice
    Have been our family docs for 12 years never a problem even getting an emerency appointment for the kids.

Meadowspring, Clareview. Just three mins from Ivans
    061 326929

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

there is one I think in the medical practise on Charlotte Quay...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dnClar

Thanks guys for all the replies. Might check out one of the ones in caherdavin that ye mentioned. its good that there is two in the one practice, least you will always get an appoinment with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Musha wrote: »
    +1 and Moya Coffey in the same pratice
    Have been our family docs for 12 years never a problem even getting an emerency appointment for the kids.

Meadowspring, Clareview. Just three mins from Ivans
    061 326929

++++1
    This practice is brilliant. There are 2 other part time doctors there also. I always get a same day apt for the kids.
    Not antibiotic pushers either.

Advertisement