Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the internet on your iphone..

• 08-10-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

I know this is a thread already so move if necessary

But can somebody please explain how to get it to work on a unlocked iphone on the meteor network??

I'm having real problems getting it to work....

Do you have to be in specific are or something....

I even downloaded the data settings from mymeteor.ie and I just got txts saying you will receive meteor settings shortly but I never did....I said I had an N95 as the iphone isn't listed there so I'm just wondering what I have to do??

Months ago I rang and got them to activate my isp settings and they claimed they did....So I'm just wondering what or where I have to be or do to get this working...

Help would be appreciated thanks....:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Any help anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

What happens when you try to connect?
    Are you seeing an error message?

I dont think that the area you are in should have much to do with it - unless of course you are in a 3G area and the speeds will be faster!

Well last night it made contact with a very basic website...Now it was just a few words on the page no pictures or anything....

It just says safari can't open webpage because the server has failed or something like that....

In the top it has a blue square with a white hole in it...Instead of the E??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

That means you're on GPRS (I think?) and not EDGE.

Try manually input these settings in Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data Network:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie (or isp.mymeteor.ie)
    user: my
    pass: meteor

See if it changes the icon to the E symbol. If not, then you might not have EDGE coverage.

Is it essential to have edge network then yeah??

Thanks for your help BTW...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

rvd156 wrote: »
    Is it essential to have edge network then yeah??

Thanks for your help BTW...:D

No prob! It's not essential, but without it, your internet access will be really, really slow. Unless you have WiFi, of course...

Got it working!! It's amazing what credit can do for a phone haha....It's really slow in an non EDGE area but otherwise I'm happy....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,584 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Got it working!! It's amazing what credit can do for a phone haha....It's really slow in an non EDGE area but otherwise I'm happy....:D:D
    can you not use a 3g connection its a lot faster than edge

to be honest I don't know if I can....I'm on meteor network so I don't think I have that option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

to be honest I don't know if I can....I'm on meteor network so I don't think I have that option...

If you have a 3G iPhone, which I couldn't tell from your posts, and you are in Meteor 3G coverage, mainly Dublin, Cork and other larger cities, then you should be able to use 3G for faster speeds.

• Advertisement

Afraid they havn't rolled out the 3g with meteor to Leitrim...:D

Advertisement