Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Course 2009 Case Studies

Options
  • 08-10-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hey guys just need a little bit of information on the higher history course.
    Unfortunately i have to repeat(re-checks didn't quite work out) so i am just wondering what the case studies are this year .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Same course as last year.

e.g. Document is based on Vietnam / Montgomery / Moon Landing.

Hoorah.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

yay thats fantastic!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Vietnam came up last year i think so its looking like Montgomery / Moon Landing.

for this years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

My money's on the Moon Landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

oh lads actual stress of history , i'm praying we get a nice propaganda in Germany question in the Dictatorship & Democracy section and maybe some predictable Northern Ireland occurence !! as for case studies, i'm going to powerhouse know them!!!

I was lucky on my JC in what i was asked and i left out a thrid of the course!!! let's hope leaving is kind to me!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

your leaving it alot to chance damienricefan.

would you not even just learn skeleton notes on the other essays?

id love if something like treaty negotiations came up because i can understand it in my head.

i just really hate the economic policy bits.

hopeing the moon landing comes up this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was lucky on my JC in what i was asked and i left out a thrid of the course!!! let's hope leaving is kind to me!!

:D

I wouldn't advise this as a tactic. They are two very different exams and the Junior Cert. is designed to let you pass/do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm hoping for Montgomery, or if possible, a repeat of Vietnam.

And a question of Dev 1932-1939 if possible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

I hope Stalin doesn't come up, it's such a dense part of the course.

However I could handle Hitler anyday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 russelljames

I got a feeling that Montgomery might come up because of the US election and Obama but maybe im just looking into it too much :P

I pray for Vietnam to come up again though. I know it so well :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I got a feeling that Montgomery might come up because of the US election and Obama but maybe im just looking into it too much :P
    :/
    That's a great point actually. My teacher claims the Montgomery Bus Boycott is too easy for honours though and aimed at ordinary level. It all depends on the questions though I suppose.

Nazi propaganda, Hitler would be lovely alright. Technology of Warfare wouldn't be bad either. Outside chance of 'Changes in Anglo American Popular Culture during inter war years'. That would be a dream come true!

"Rise of the 'second' Sinn Fein Party" for Sovereignty and Partition. You heard it here first. Learn it!

Anything to do with Partition or the 1916 Rising would be gorgeous too.

Advertisement