Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to repeat?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Baically re-checks haven't gone as I thought they would, really expected to go up.

Myquestion is, is October too late for me to join back into the rat race?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I read something in one of the posts in "The Institute of Education' that they are always taking in people throughout 6th year so i'd give them a ring. October's still pretty early in the year so it's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

lets hope not, i'm in the same situation.
    For science courses like phy , bio, chem and maths it doesn't change so that's grand.
    lets not forget that you can also drop a subject as well(bye bye irish)
    The only thing that i'm kinda screwed for is history (i get to do another project yay...)
    English is a pain aswell but i presume that you'd be able to use your comparative from last year and just ask your new english teacher to correct it seperatly. All thats left is just the play and new poets.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I'm seriously considering it. I've started Economics in College and it comes very naturally to me So I'm also contemplating taking that up too.

Would I be mad? I think I could pull it off and get a low B.
    It would allow me drop a language which are really difficult for me!

Is Macbeth difficult to pick up on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

aleyra wrote: »
    English is a pain aswell but i presume that you'd be able to use your comparative from last year and just ask your new english teacher to correct it seperatly. All thats left is just the play and new poets.

You'd want to check the 2009 list on www.education.ie to make sure your comparative texts are still on.

joey54 wrote: »
    Is Macbeth difficult to pick up on?

You're lucky, Macbeth is one of Shakespeare's shortest plays so you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

joey54 wrote: »
    Baically re-checks haven't gone as I thought they would, really expected to go up.

Myquestion is, is October too late for me to join back into the rat race?

There's plenty of time, IF you apply yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Plenty of time I'd say.
    I only started back mid September, only on Act 3 of Macbeth and that's all we've been doing in English.

If you went to a grind school or something I'm sure it'd be easier. Depends where you are in the country i guess.
    Someone only joined to repeat with me mid last week.

Advertisement