Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A song to disect

• 08-10-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Alright, I've been righting songs for a good three or so years now. I mainly do concept stuff. I have two big bunches of songs that form a big story line that are nearly finished as separate albums but lately I've started doing songs that stand out on their own now. This is one of them. Tell me what you think

When The World Sends Me In

We ran fast into the dead of the night
    Like hungry kids at the promise of a Turkish Delight
    I’d like to say I wasn’t foaming at the mouth
    But the will of the world sent me in, sent me out

The car couldn’t stop, the brakes were too worn
    It tore after us, faster and faster (and faster and faster…)
    There were no trees to make it stop and we were
    Too absent minded and scared to just veer off its course

The ground levelled out and the car slowed down
    We were all panting and some started giving out
    Saying where are we now? This isn’t were I want to be
    But the will of the world sends us in, sends us out makes us be

I took a walk and leaned on a tree
    Like a satellite I looked at the group as they
    Argued and fought over where to go now
    But the question is how we allowed…

Ourselves to go off course, and be led astray
    We let others lead our way
    Now the cat’s eyes are watching me
    As I veer off of the road and throw the map away

I ran fast into the light of a dream
    Like a starving animal, eyes filled with fire!
    No car in hell could stop me on this road
    When the world sends me in it’s to where I want to go

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What's it doing musically? What instrument did you write it on?

It's very good.

What with your introduction to it I'd a funny picture of you in mt head wearing a cape and space hoppers like Rick Wakeman.

P.S There are a lot of people that put something up for a bit of C and C yet don't afford their own thoughts on others work. I've noticed that if you give a bit out then others will respond more to yours.

P.P.S The imagery of hungry kids being promised Turkish Delight is a picture of disappointed kids. "We want sweets...oh feck'n hell...it's bloody Turkish Delight!...Balls".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 G-izzles

Haha, good point on the kids, but if you've ever read anything by Roald Dahl, I'm pretty sure kids craved the old Delight back in the day!

Musically, the song's at mid to fast tempo. Like the Automatic's "Steve McQueen" or something along those lines. Billy Talent-esque. To be honest, I try not to bo genre-limited but just to give you an idea. It's not punk either, more of a proggy, Coheed and Cambria style rock vibe. But again, not gonna limit myself to any genre's. Bit of an overly-long answer there!

And I appreciate what you say about give and take with the C&C too. I have responded to a few on here but I tend to give long reply's (as you can see) so I don't always have the time! Lousy excuse though. I'll be more active in here anyway, got hours to kill in work!

Advertisement