Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype calls to non skype contacts on 3 now

• 08-10-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Just upgraded the 3 skype client on my mobile and noticed it's a new version that supports international dialling of any number.. Great! They have been smart enough to barr domestic calls though!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Gotta keep the money coming in some how I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

if you dont have a 3 phone, iskoot will do exactly the same, without the block on numbers but with a charge of what ever it cost to 076 numbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

lotas wrote: »
    if you dont have a 3 phone, iskoot will do exactly the same, without the block on numbers but with a charge of what ever it cost to 076 numbers...

plus the cost of the skype out call hardly worth your while for a local call anyway.

Does anyone else find with this new version of skype that you get the message we can not connect your call try again keeps poping up? Usually when your logged in for a while or after you have made one call? I'm using the old version because of this you can still use skype out you just don't have the option of chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

havent experienced that as yet. havent made too many calls with the new 2.0.26 version though.

• Advertisement

apollodjs wrote: »
    plus the cost of the skype out call hardly worth your while for a local call anyway.

Yes but you get better sound quality with the skype client. it's not optimal and i am sure they do not use the hi quality lines that they use for normal voice calls, but it is better than the patchy call quality you get with iskoot and other data-only voip apps.

What I ment was if your going to make a local or national call in ireland with iskoot it will cost you the same to call the iskoot voip number as it would to just make the call + the cost of the skype out call.

apollodjs wrote: »
    What I ment was if your going to make a local or national call in ireland with iskoot it will cost you the same to call the iskoot voip number as it would to just make the call + the cost of the skype out call.

ah yeah i see what you mean.

Advertisement