Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Displaying Text Messages On Garmin Sat Nav

Options
  • 08-10-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

im interested to hear if anybody with a nokia n95 has got it working with any model garmin sat nav as regards to the sat nav displaying received text messages from your phone

on the garmin site for phone compatability, it does not list any s60 nokia phone as compatible, but i am still wondering since of firmware upgrades and so on

could anyone confirm that the n95 works or not with this function? or indeed any phone that works with it. The only ones listed on the site seems to be stone aged bricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

..well, just pop into nearest Harvey Norman or Haflords with your phone and check compatibility 'on-site' . They has garmin's on display so u can 'play' with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My Garmin 760 doesn't work with my Nokia 6300 FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

emm this is a forum, i'll get plenty of advice from people with garmin units and their experiences with its functionality, thus i cant be bothered going into halfords. thanks though.

thanks alun, anyone else with some input about their garmin and phone compatability with the text message function?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you know anyone else with a Garmin GPS you could try the phone with? They seem pretty common. If you do, first make sure they have the latest Bluetooth firmware installed (it's an additional update on top of the normal firmware). Coincidentally it's written for Garmin by Parrot, so I'd imagine that if the phone works with a Parrot handsfree it'd work with the Garmin, but don't hold me to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

For anyone else I couldn't get my oul lads Nuvi 660 to read texts from my K850i.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

My N95 8GB and my Nuvi 610 don't work for SMS, nor did my N70 before that.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Any Sony Ericsson should do it.

Advertisement