Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

B license?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a full A license, but was hoping to get a B license - can I just apply for one on the strength of the license I have or do I have to do a test again?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You will need to sit the B test. You must apply for a B learner permit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You must apply for a B learner permit also.
    .....after having passes a B/EB/W Theory Test. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

.....after having passes a B/EB/W Theory Test. ;)
    More than likely alright although if the OP happened to do a theory test before the bike and car were split then that might be still valid. It was for me anyway when I recentley applied for a bike licence having obtained a car licence a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jvc wrote: »
    More than likely alright although if the OP happened to do a theory test before the bike and car were split then that might be still valid. It was for me anyway when I recentley applied for a bike licence having obtained a car licence a few years ago.
    I didn't realise that they were once seperate!

I had all the categories except A/A1 long before the introduction of the theory test. I decided to go for the bike licence/test and had to do a theory test. I felt a bit weird sitting in with all the newbies even though I had all the other categories but I was in and out in 5 minutes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

I didn't realise that they were once seperate!

I had all the categories except A/A1 long before the introduction of the theory test. I decided to go for the bike licence/test and had to do a theory test. I felt a bit weird sitting in with all the newbies even though I had all the other categories but I was in and out in 5 minutes. :)
    When I applied for my 1st Provisional, a single DTT allowed me to apply for both categories A and B.
    This was in about 2003 and maybe before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SeanW wrote: »
    When I applied for my 1st Provisional, a single DTT allowed me to apply for both categories A and B.
    This was in about 2003 and maybe before.

Actually, i'd have to agree, just thinking back, when i did my theory test, i applied for both a B and an A1 provo license with only the one theory test, and this would have been around the '03 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

They split it in two in 2006. for example if you have a b license before 2006 you can get a moped/125 stamp with having to do another test, not to sure about the other categories

Advertisement