Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin UAEC] cant post on soccer forum

Options
  • 08-10-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey haven't been banned or anything but for some reason I can no longer post on the soccer forum. I had access granted to it and have posted on it before. Not sure if I can post on other forums, I will try now but mods can you please sort this out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The only post you have made here is that one so you haven't posted on soccer before. You will need to apply for access so check out the soccer access forum and check the rules for applying for access before starting a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shambler

I made about 68 posts some of them in the soccer forum before they all mysteriously dissappeared. I've been a member since May 2007, do you think I would have joined and not made a single post in that time? Do a search of my name and posts of mine will probably show up. Can you reinstate my access to the soccer forum and every other forum because I can't seem to post on anything now.

Shambler wrote: »
    I made about 68 posts some of them in the soccer forum before they all mysteriously dissappeared. I've been a member since May 2007, do you think I would have joined and not made a single post in that time?
    Yes. Many people have accounts for a few years and don't post :)
    Do a search of my name and posts of mine will probably show up.
    I did, that's why I said that the only post you have made was that one. No other posts exist afais.
    Can you reinstate my access to the soccer forum and every other forum because I can't seem to post on anything now.
    It looks like you will need to request access as I suggested earlier tbh.

Oh, you are set to awaiting confirmation email, it looks like you may need an activation mail resent to you. I'll flag this for an Admin.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sent.

Also I can confirm there are no other posts associated with the account you are posting from, nor any record of access being granted to or removed from any forum at all.

All I can suggest is that perhaps you have logged into the wrong account.

nope don't have any other accounts, have always used this though I haven't been on boards for about a month or so since my last post. It must be due to this database problem you are having. Please look into this problem more as I don't want to have to go to the trouble of making 50 posts to get access to soccer, it would take me about an hour to do due to the way you can only make a post every minute or whatever it is.
    CuLT wrote: »
    Sent.

Also I can confirm there are no other posts associated with the account you are posting from, nor any record of access being granted to or removed from any forum at all.

All I can suggest is that perhaps you have logged into the wrong account.

• Advertisement

mods have you looked into this problem yet?

my posts still haven't be reinstated, what is holding this up? Cult I thought the maintenance and repair you carried out today would have sorted the problem?

Your posts do not exist, sorry mate, there is no record of them, that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Shambler was never given access to soccer. Apart from anything else, I have a notepad.txt file I use to copy and paste names into the batch access field with all users who have access to soccer granted by me.

Shambler isn't in it, so even if the boards.ie database went down, it wouldn't change my text file.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Database corruption couldn't remove all of your posts without a trace and reset your post count to the correct figure. It's simply not possible. It's the real-world equivalent of a storm sweeping an entire housing estate away and leaving untouched grasslands in it's place.

If a post is deleted by a moderator, it is still visible to admins and smods. Only admins and smods can permanently delete posts, and we reserve that action for spam. If you had previous posts, we'd see them, or some remnant of them.

• Advertisement

well then clearly I rubbed a mod up the wrong way and he deleted my posts (possibly guanyin though I have no idea what it could of been), can you please just reinstate my access rights to soccer and every other forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

well then clearly I rubbed a mod up the wrong way and he deleted my posts (possibly guanyin though I have no idea what it could of been), can you please just reinstate my access rights to soccer and every other forum

Not without you satisfying the rules.

well then clearly I rubbed a mod up the wrong way and he deleted my posts (possibly guanyin though I have no idea what it could of been)
    I've already explained that this is not possible.

and every other forum

Apart from soccer, which forum do you not have access to?

i don't have access to any forum

OK, I don't think that was explained to you :)

Can you check your email inbox and if it doesn't exist there, your spam inbox, for a confirmation receipt as CuLT has sent you one via the boards system.

I have forgotten the password for my email so can't access it, can you send the confirmation link to my private inbox on here instead

That can't be done. It would defeat the purpose of the confirmation link.

Advertisement