Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti - fog spray?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Guys where can I get some anti-fog spray for my glasses in Dublin? They are fogging a lot with the full face protector that I just received from RSOV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

is there such a thing?
    the hacks i have heard are;
    bit of washing up liquid on the inside. let dry, then buff off.
    ditto, only with a slice of potato.
    ditto with spit.

not saure if you know this, but i thought i would just throw it out there in case it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

well if you go into spacksacers they have some its called fog buster it works very good if you asked i could have let you use it on sunday
    and im pretty sure its very cheap |(i got it for free with my new specks)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Speedo does this anti-fog for their swimming google. Need to put a few coats on it. Works for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    Speedo does this anti-fog for their swimming google. Need to put a few coats on it. Works for most of the day.

if it works on swimming goggles i recon it should work on airsoft ones. gona have to try find some. nice one Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Make sure you spray, then wait, then rinse with water. Wait for it to dry (do not touch lense at all time after), repeat for 2 or 3 times. Work for my Guarder googles. Sorry can't tell you where I got it, my buddy got it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Personally i think fog spray is a load of cr*p, its never given any decent results for me.

Get some washing up liquid and rub it onto the lens. dont just let it dry however, you need to polish it into the lens until the lens is dry and streak free. thats the best ive ever used so far..

Also, be very carful of using any of those specksavers type cleaning/anti fog chemicals. I almost ruined my flakjak len's with some stuff from there since most of them are designed for glass rather than plastics.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

+1 on the washing up liquid, and it leaves your hands all smooth and soft:D

I've heard of a product called catcrap, seriously! its supposed to work I've never came across it or used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

iceage wrote: »
    I've heard of a product called catcrap, seriously! its supposed to work I've never came across it or used it.

you can find it in medium to long grass and its a lighter colour and thinner than the nearest competitor dog crap. unfortunatly it smells a lot worse tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

If you can find it (probably surplus stores); gas masks come with a wax that is absolutely awesome for anti-fogging. It lasted me for 24 hours of non-stop airsofting. Well, okay I did sleep..but still had them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

vtec wrote: »

Get some washing up liquid and rub it onto the lens. dont just let it dry however, you need to polish it into the lens until the lens is dry and streak free. thats the best ive ever used so far..

+1

The Washing up liquid really does the trick. Probably your best bet and cheapest as its soo easy to get. One quick wipe onto my goggles and I am off for a whole day of skirmishing, Fog Free!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i use the product catcrap (no its not cat crap, its just a name). i get about a half day out of it and i suffer from goggles fogging very badly,. quite honestly i think i could fog ess fan goggles LOL....

i got it on ebay...its this stuff item number 170269414188. i didnt buy off the seller, not recommending, its just an image in case you see it in a shop.

its a good product but for irish weather, its dampish, cold, you are sweating and warm...not a good mix...i find they fog up. i think defenderdude had the ess fan ones and recommended them. thats not an anti fog spray i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

The cat crap stuff works and you can get it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I think that's probably the stuff (though in a container rather than a stick) I was talking about as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Thanks for the help everyone but I need the spray for my glasses/spectacles not goggles. I think I will just buy the 90 day disposable contact lenses for skirmishing and be free from all the hassle, it's a cheaper solution costs only 1 euro for a day's lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I use Wurth brand anti fog...the can says it for visors but it's obviously the same thing.

Works wonders for me, but obviously there are some occasions where conditions are so bad that no amount of anything will help.

Advertisement