Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Games Category: Discuss

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Some of the hosted ones where placed there to avoid the crowding issue we have now. I think for the games forums it can only help them get traffic.

But Hosted forums aren't officially part of Boards.ie and the mods there are Hmods who don't have the same 'rights' as other mods and the rules in those forums are specific to those forums. Admins probably don't have the right to move those forums without permission of the Hmods of the forum in question first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cloud wrote: »
    Should Gaming Miniatures and Cards and Magic the Gathering go into Tabletop?

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I love change!

Cloud for next President, YES WE CAN YES WE CAN YES WE CAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Changes seem good so far....

One thing I would say though is that the "Guitar Hero" is only 50% (or less) about Guitar Hero these days.. It's Rock Band aswell, so is there any chance of it being amended somehow?

Possible options would be...
    1. Rename Group to "Guitar Hero / Rock Band"
    2. Rename Group to "Rhythm Games"
    3. Keep "Guitar Hero" and make a new "Rock Band" group.

My preference would be to go with Option 2... Reason being that there is no group for general rhythm games and everything seems to come up in the "Guitar Hero" section. There are hundreds of Rhythm Games these days and would be nice to have somewhere to discuss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cully wrote: »
    There are hundreds of Rhythm Games these days and would be nice to have somewhere to discuss them.

ehh...games forum ftw :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Earthhorse wrote: »
    [pedant]Poker isn't prefixed with an ellipsis in the dropdown.[/pedant]

It's an actual forum, like Roleplaying for example, so shouldn't have an ellipsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Bambi wrote: »
    ehh...games forum ftw :pac:

Games Forum FTL.... If I posted there, it would be seen by many people who would just go... "Wut?"

If I post in the Guitar Hero area, the interested people will see it, but then all the pedantics will complain about it being in the wrong area or something.

because no-one who posts in the games forum would know anything about such topics? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Cully wrote: »
    Games Forum FTL.... If I posted there, it would be seen by many people who would just go... "Wut?"

nah, sure only last week I was talking about Elite beat agents to a group of friends and, and absolutely none of them said "wut"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The list looks a whole lot tidier and great because of it. Great job Cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

great job cloud...one thing, is there any chance of getting a Fifa forum. I know it is posted elsewhere, but as a gamer for many years across all consoles, it's incredible that a game with such a following hasn't a forum/subforum for itself.

I'm running boards leagues for the game and it would be great to have a place to call our own. If Pro Evolution Soccer has one, it makes sense that FIFA has one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Would prefer to see "pro evo" forums named changed to "soccer sim"

No point having one each

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Would prefer to see "pro evo" forums named changed to "soccer sim"

No point having one each

Been mentioned 1 million times already. Either create a FIFA forum or rename the existing 'Pro Evo' forum. A LONG thread about this here in feedback and another in Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Way more organised now. Was calling for this to be done months ago and am happy with it now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055437035

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thanks admin folk.

Is there going to be a micro machines forum in miniature gaming? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Good job guys, much better. But like the guys up there said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we add FIFA into the Pro Evo forum to create a simple football sim forum?

I can understand why Pro Evo got a forum and FIFA didn't when it was created a few years ago, since Pro Evo was generally seen as the greater and more popular game, but that isn't the case anymore.

I don't know if you guys are really into football games but in the past year or two now many people agree that FIFA have bipassed Pro Evo as the better game. It's also constantly one of the biggest selling games every Christmas, spanning multiple platforms. Theres quite a lot of boardsie who play the game, as judged by that huge FIFA tournament currently running.

I've posted this on the forum request board but that doesn't seem to be getting a lot of traffic, but you can see by the size of the FIFA topic there that it really would be well received if it came in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looks nice. Fair play to all. By the way, what's the miniature gaming forum for? Is that when someone with a small dick plays with themselves? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

deise59 wrote: »
    Good job guys, much better. But like the guys up there said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we add FIFA into the Pro Evo forum to create a simple football sim forum?

Personally I think football simulators warrant their own subcategory, with then one general football simulators forum, along with sub-forums for Pro-Evo, FIFA, Football Manager, Trophy Manager. No one really thinks of Football games as simulators, they seem to be a genre of their own these days but i can understand why this may not be acceptable to all.

But even within simulators i'd prefer there to be one generic forum for all foootball games, with the subs as listed above. Currently we get posts on the football manager forum the odd time about FIFA manager and championship manager, but none of the regulars in the FM forum really play these games at all, so it'd be nice to have a more generic forum where these posts can go where they might get a bit more exposure and hopefully some better responses than they do currently.

Also, I personally think Trophy Manager need not be lumped in as a sub forum of Football Manager, as they seem to have a very healthy community in their own right, probably bigger than ours in the Football Manager one (although i'm not sure how the members themselves would feel about this, but I'm sure they wouldn't be against it).

theres the thing i was looking for a model making/painting forum on boards and came to the conclusion that such a forum didnt exist....lo and behold it does so +1 games category reorganisation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Good improvement:D Needs more games.. Fifa, Fallout to name two huge games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

looks good!!good work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Maybe change Guitar Hero to Music Sims or something, similar to the proposed Soccer Sims idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Overall, a massive step in the right direction, I think. Good job!

There's probably a case for moving MMO to under Role Playing to further tidy things, but I'm sure there are arguments against that too. Chess seems a little out of place under Strategy too. Better under the Rec drop-down?

There are still outstanding issues regarding the console boards. They generate a lot of overlapping discussion, and I'd be in favour of directing all of this multi-format stuff to the games board, at least on a trial basis. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, nice work, looks very neat at the moment.
    There are still outstanding issues regarding the console boards. They generate a lot of overlapping discussion, and I'd be in favour of directing all of this multi-format stuff to the games board, at least on a trial basis. Thoughts?

Multi-platform game discussions? I think that could be interesting, to see how it works out, there's no reason these threads can't exist in Games instead, like the existing Fallout 3 thread that's there for instance. Unless a thread is specifically dedicated to that platform in some manner of course, for instance organising online games, but that's a different kettle of fishy bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Only back into gaming since the PS3 ,but the forums are in great nick now . The mess is most definetly gone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

On behalf of FIFA players everywhere, thank you so much for officially adding it into the PES forum.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Looks nice. Fair play to all. By the way, what's the miniature gaming forum for? Is that when someone with a small dick plays with themselves? :D
    For Warhammer and Battletech and stuff.

40k was never the same after 3rd edition :(

edit: you could go one farther by combining the Fifa/Pro Evo forum with Football Manager, having all soccer sims under one roof.

Advertisement