Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Help Would Be Great Guys

Options
  • 08-10-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Looking for some help here. Our company has been approached by Barnstorm Theatre Company so we may be filming their DVD brochure. Anybody been to it recently? Its address is listed as Church Lane. Is that anywhere near the city centre? Have never been to Kilkenny before and am really looking forward there.

Also we will be bringing a lot of equipment with us (cameras, lights, laptops etc) Not feeling entirely comfortable with the prospect of coming in and out during takes with little boy racers going back and forth. Sound is a huge concern for us as we try and filter out as much unnecessary sound as we possibly can. We had problems recently in Letterkenny. We contacted the Gardai prior to arriving and had arranged to film without any noise interference. However where we were was constantly being bombarded by boy racers going back and forth and when we rang the guards to complain, they never showed up. Also can anybody recommend a security company we may contact? We use ones in Dublin and Galway. It may be the end of the year when we get down or early next year, or not at all. Just looking to get some information first as we have been approached.

Been hearing some good things about the local bars in Kilkenny City. Any recommendations for us? In the middle of trying to contact the Zoo. I heard from a native poster that they used to have rock/metal nights but now it seems to be geared towards dance, trance, R’n’B etc. That is according to their MySpace account. Being a huge metal fan myself I would love to see it return.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Just curious as to why you need a security company??

The metal in the zoo is gone, didn't make any money, try cleeres that can have good music in it. To be honest I'm not big into that side of town anymore. Not alot of help i know. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I wouldn't worry about little boy racers, Barnstorm is located on a very narrow road - all the little boy racers are out on the ring road by the KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just curious as to why you need a security company??

The metal in the zoo is gone, didn't make any money, try cleeres that can have good music in it. To be honest I'm not big into that side of town anymore. Not alot of help i know. Sorry

When we are on location we always bring a lot of equipment with us, and sometimes we work with other production companies. We just recently purchased a new HD camera. A few years ago before I got involved my boss had an expensive camera, set of lights and a laptop taken from him when he was out on location. It is a lot of very expensive equipment we have and he is just being cautious.

Maybe a big gang of metallers should head down and hopefully that may convince them to start playing it again down there. Cheers.

Does that mean it is reasonably quiet close to the theatre? For the first time in a long while for us, it is looking that way. Thank god.

What's the story with the ring road? Is that where the local riff raff hang out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

DenMan wrote: »
    Does that mean it is reasonably quiet close to the theatre? For the first time in a long while for us, it is looking that way. Thank god.

Branstrom is up a lane that is two way but my little micra just fits up it [you'll find alot of roads like that in Kilkenny] so no chance of any little boy racers or any other noise makers - there's nothing else up the lane cept a couple of houses, no pubs, clubs, cafes - its pretty dead. Branstrom itself is off the lane round the back of a big building that looks like an old convent. Honestly if you can hear any noise while in there you'd have to have Bat hearing.

• Advertisement

That's terrific news ztoical. The theatre itself seems be situated in an ideal location. Unlike The Hawkswell in Sligo or An Grianan in Letterkenny. :mad:

Kilkenny is supposed to be a beautiful county/city with an ancient history. Some of the castles look mesmerizing and untouched by the passage of time. Ideal for moving or still images.

Advertisement