Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Beers - Competition: BEER TO BE WON

Options
  • 08-10-2008 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Kharn wrote: »
    We're teaming up with the good folk from thecostumeshop.ie to bring you a competition!!!

To celebrate their new Commercial Interaction Forum and the fact that this is the 20th Official Beers, they're giving us 20 Drinks for the winner(s) of this competition.

So what do you have to do to win?

The prize will be given to the person(s) who best represent their favourite board. I'm gonna be posting this on some of our more popular boards to make sure everyone knows about it. So if you're a regular at Yore Ma's you might wanna be pint of plain, or if you love Gardening, come as a bunch of flowers, MMA people can come as a Vanilla Gorilla (I get jokes) - you get the idea.

Creativity will be rewarded!

[terms and conditions]
    • Competition is open to members, mods, smods and admins alike - we're all equal when standing at the bar!
    • You must be over 18 to enter as you must be over 18 to be in a licenced premesis after 9pm
    • All intended entrants must let me know who they are on the night before 10pm so I can consider your entry. I'll make myself known to everyone, so don't worry!
    • The prize may be split as I see fit - it's just for fun more than anything else, so someone getting snotty about it will go in my bad books and make me a sad panda.
    • thecostumeshop.ie's involvement has all been sanctioned by the Admins and there's no shilling going on here :)

Big thanks to Ronan/Fancy Dresser for his help and generosity with this competition - if you're stuck for costume ideas, get on over to their forum where he'll be happy to help.

The Official Beers thread is here on the Events board, so get busy!

So ladies and gentlemen, ideas!! We need em, I wanna win that free beer!! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I've already decided to go as a pirate!!! Help me connect it with the forum somehow?:eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You could go stealing jewellery off people?

pirates = renegades

modded folk = considered bad asses

Lets ALL go as pirates and steal jewellery!!!! :eek::D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Molberts wrote: »
    I've already decided to go as a pirate!!! Help me connect it with the forum somehow?:eek: :pac:

Instead of a sword, you could have a giant piercing needle?? This is a toughie for us bod mods!!:confused:

Another suggestion would be to go as a giant penis/boob/bellybutton/ladybits with piercings, but I have a feeling we might have trouble getting in to the party.:D:D God imagine going in on the LUAS! Probably get arrested or something!:pac::pac::pac:

God I suck at ideas :(

We need to be creative, very creative

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

So ur saying a giant penis ISN'T creative??? Imagine the amount of papier maché required to make that!!!

*storms off in a huff*;)

I'm a giant d!ck as it is :D

Fancy being a bit of a boob for the night instead then?

............I'll get my coat

tattoo enthusiasts go as bottles of their fave colour ink, piercing enthusiasts go as giant tapers! :pac::pac::pac:

Oooh, we could do a team effort, some people go as ink, one can be the tattoo gun, one can be the bit of tattooed skin, and someone else can go as a roll of cling film!! Then for piercings, we can have a needle, one or two appendages, and then a couple of bits of jewellery!

• Advertisement

I might go as some kanji writing :pac:

Only if it translates to "Number 62 Kung Po Duck"!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

All good ideas, but ehh... HOW?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I was talking about this a few days ago, possibly at the beers, can't remember,

Since I'm going as Jesus, I should get Stigmata piercings :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I'm going as an emo girl (no joke).

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Awh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
    I'm having my Halloween party that night too so will miss this, AGAIN! :(

Well if im a pirate and fingers an emo girl...

... could we all go as "body mod stereotypes"

o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bahahahaha i could go as a vanilla gorilla apparently...well you all know my costume!! so piss off not changing it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I'm going as an emo girl (no joke).

haha so that why you have that nickname then.. emo girls *drools*!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i think we should all dress up as the kanji of our choice

• Advertisement

I will be 'strong'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I shall be "supermarket"

I'll be "free drugs"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

i just bought my wig n have spent like 50 quid on my costume already so feic away! although...is there a gardening forum? i could rep for them...ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I want to be "chicken chow mein"...

Ooh, I could represent the Christianity forum!

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Ooh, I could represent the Christianity forum!

Not if you're goin as Jesus! I think they might consider that blasphemy or something?

Oh and if we're going as Kanji letters, I bags 'Mysterious';)

Toots85 wrote: »
    Not if you're goin as Jesus! I think they might consider that blasphemy or something?

Pfft, I coujld just say I'm the second coming, it'd be hypocritical if they didn't believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Will wrote: »
    So ladies and gentlemen, ideas!! We need em, I wanna win that free beer!! :pac:

:eek:
    But, but, but, beer comes from the devil's winky.:eek:
    :P

• Advertisement

:eek: it does?!
    ok free pints of coke then

Advertisement