Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon over?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Click on the guys with the red bars over their heads and mash your number keys. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Also, kill 10 rats plx.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KingLoser wrote: »
    Also, kill 10 rats plx.

There aren't any quests to kill rats. I don't know whether to be relieved or disappoint that this staple of RPG's is missing.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, you dont really grind the same way you do in other games but RvR currently is as drakar described above. I think that will change as people learn their class and guilds teach themselves the way clans did in Quake and other FPS games. I've said it before and I'll said it again for the cheap seats, this game is going to play a lot more like Teamfortress then WOW.

Right now my concern is that the place is built (ie: has content) for 10k players concurrently but the servers b0rk at a fraction of that leaving the place feeling empty. I havent seen one single "WTS/WTB <item>" in Altdorf and the economy simply isnt firing yet imho.

DeV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DeVore wrote: »
    Right now my concern is that the place is built (ie: has content) for 10k players concurrently but the servers b0rk at a fraction of that leaving the place feeling empty. I havent seen one single "WTS/WTB <item>" in Altdorf and the economy simply isnt firing yet imho.

DeV.

Within my guild we mail around the items for other classes, which does dampen the need for trade. Plus past comments from Mark Jacobs have suggested they intend to radically changed the crafting skills from since before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've been playing it for a couple of days and so far its great.... My highest char is lvl 10, mainly because I wanted to try a bit of everything :D, have 5 characters atm, probably have 10 after a week....

I really like the RvR (outside scenarios), having a blast at that with my black orc, the quests are the usual mmo fare of "go there kill x things and come back here and talk to me" or else "go over there and talk to that guy". I have only done one scenario, as mentioned it was more like a FPS than a mmo... dont know whether I like that or not yet, will have to try it a few more times (I have tried several FPS's and generally found them boring as **** after short time)

Next char to get up to lvl 10 is a witch hunter, or maybe a shaman, there are feck all of them being played, no-one wants to be the healer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Ye make it sound so appealing :D

Ah, got to install it last night but didn't get a chance to play yet. I'm planning on getting in an hour or two tonight. Looking forward to it!

Advertisement