Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking numbers from calling/texting?????

• 08-10-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

is it possible to block my phone from getting texts and phone calls from a specific number? i'm on vodafone

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

not without garda involvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cstmar

i thought there was a way you can do something like that even with jus ringing-i heard about putting divert on or something but dunno how

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭reganovich

Ya, I wanted to get this done and it has to go through the gards apparently...which I thought was overkill so I just left it...you might be able to buy a phone with settings that block a certain number tho..you still recieve it but cant see it...If i just imagined that then they shoudl def invent it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cstmar

i wonder about this settings business-i really want to stop a particular person contacting me-what about (just looking at my nokia phone now) setting all calls to divert? no? although at same time i know all calls will go to voicemail but at least stops that one person contacting me.

Ah just go into your local garda station and ask them for a note to vodafone with the number and it will be done.
    Ask for it in a matter of fact way stating that the person is harassing you and that you do not want to take the legal route but you do want the number blocked.

I doubt it will be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Some Symbian applications will allow you filter calls & texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cstmar wrote: »
    is it possible to block my phone from getting texts and phone calls from a specific number? i'm on vodafone

cheers

Only thing you can do, is that if you phone supports it, give that number a unique ring tone, maybe a silent one, and ignore it.

Also depends on the nature of your relationship with the unwanted caller, i used to get a lot of marketting calls from a certain company and they ignored my requests to stop calling (pre relevant legistation). I found making asking certains questions about clothings encouraged them to stop calling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If you were to use the*21*...# divert code, would that divert texts also?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I use a program called blackballer to filter calls and texts. Add a number to your blacklist and thats the last you will hear of them

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I use a program called blackballer to filter calls and texts.

Is this a program offered by the mobile operators?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

nipplenuts wrote: »
    If you were to use the*21*...# divert code, would that divert texts also?

No that's only for calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I use a program called blackballer to filter calls and texts. Add a number to your blacklist and thats the last you will hear of them

Hmmm Interesting, more info here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Is this a program offered by the mobile operators?

Don't think any operator offers a blocking app, however it might be preinstalled on some phones. But in 99 pc of cases, you have to install it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Meteor do it I believe.. with or without the law involved..

Advertisement