Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII Info. TELL ME ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 08-10-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Ok so my gf bought me FFVII for me birthday and i intend on getting full usage out of it. I have not played this game since i completed it many years ago so i cant remember squat. If anyone can tell me about all the little extras that are in the game but not essential to completing it that would be great. I dont intend on returning to this game once complete so i want total exposure. No plot Spoilers thanks i already read on wikepedia that areis dies haha.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.gamefaqs.com

All you will need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

cheers retro. Damn there are alot of guides in that. Any that you feel will be best for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

In my opinion the golden chocobo was one of the most worth while
    get it as soon as possible and then get and work on knights of the round :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Returning to Shinra MAnsion would be one I recommend doing. I fills in a lot of blanks and can unfortunately be mixed.

Couldn't recommend a specific guide but just pick one with a high version number and you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

adzer86 wrote: »
    Ok so my gf bought me FFVII for me birthday and i intend on getting full usage out of it. I have not played this game since i completed it many years ago so i cant remember squat. If anyone can tell me about all the little extras that are in the game but not essential to completing it that would be great. I dont intend on returning to this game once complete so i want total exposure. No plot Spoilers thanks i already read on wikepedia that areis dies haha.

Cheers
    If you finished this game how don't you remember Aeries dies??? everyone remembers that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Returning to Shinra MAnsion would be one I recommend doing. I fills in a lot of blanks and can unfortunately be mixed.

+1

Explains alot more of the story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Already mentioned earlier but try to get golden chocobo, knights of the round and try to defeat ruby/emerald weapons

animaX wrote: »
    try to defeat ruby/emerald weapons

Honestly don't bother. It's not worth the effort you have to put in of hours of pointless grinding. They were only added to the western release anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Honestly don't bother. It's not worth the effort you have to put in of hours of pointless grinding. They were only added to the western release anyway.

Emerald is pretty easy once you know that its attack "Aire Tam" is "Materia" spelled backwards. The attacks power depends on the amount of materia that your party have equiped. So just equip the Underwater, Mime and Knights of the Round linked to W-Summon. Then use Knights of the Round and have the characters with Mimo just mime it every round.

Its handy to go into the battle with your characters having their ultimate limit breaks ready also. You can have cloud do Omnislash and have him mime it over and over with the other characters skipping their turns until you eventually have to heal. Then summon Knights of the Round and mime that.

You could also use the Hp-mp materia instead of the Mimo materia. It will swap your characters hp with their mp so if your character has 9999 hp and 999 mp, they will then have 999 hp and 9999 mp. So you can summon the Knights of the Round often enough to kill Emerald and have the other characters heal your party.

Ruby weapon is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The Don wrote: »
    Ruby weapon is another story.

Enter the fight with two party members dead, when ruby buries his tentacle things, rez your mates and unleash the fury that is kotr!

;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

emerald is a easy one with a character Lucky 7 go in the battle and then with knight of round etc.

and some people ultimate weapon can only be acquired at some certain level and you can never go back,beware of those.revisit many places can cause new story event.get the enemy skill whirlwind/barrier,matra magic etc can help you alot.using an item can help to boost your limit bar.

dont fall in love with aeris for some reason.ignore all dialogues of the 3 members in Avalanche,for some reason.if you like a white teeth loli to join the team go have some picnic in the forest around Junon.midgar zolom can be killed.:pac:

that's all for now i'd say

nix wrote: »
    Enter the fight with two party members dead, when ruby buries his tentacle things, rez your mates and unleash the fury that is kotr!

;D

I used to do it with one party member dead and have the other (not Cloud) whirlwinded away. Not sure why I prefered this to having two dead.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

There's a cool sidequest where you find out alot about Vincent's back story; really enjoyed that one. With... Lucrecia? Man, there's a wicked plot guide on gamefaqs that pretty much explains everything. There was alot of info, especially about the Ancients, that I didn't get any of the times I played through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The UberFrog

nix wrote: »

Ruby is easy..when you know how ;)

Go in with 2 party members dead, the one that's alive only needs 4 materia slots (2 sets of linked ones), you can fill up the rest with anything you want leveled up. 9999 HP is a must. Also have KOTR, Mime, Command Counter (chocobo racing prize) and HP Absorb.

Link HP Absorb to KOTR, and Command Counter to Mime. When the fight starts, fire off KOTR. DON'T revive the other 2!! You've now done all you need to do! Ruby will counter with Ultima - if you have 9999 HP it won't kill you. You'll then counter with Mime - which will be KOTR again; HP Absorb will refill your life, then Ruby'll hit you with Ultima again. And this keeps going till Ruby's dead.

So do this, put down pad, go off and have cup of tea / pint of vodka / whatever, come back in half an hour to find dead Ruby and mucho experience.

thanks for teh responses people. Now down to business. Does anyone want to donate a PS1 memory card to me PLeeeaaaaasssseeee?????!!!!!
    Ive tried everywhere but cant get my hands on one and alas ive no credit card to ebay it. Donations much appreciated. If you ever want me to experience the joys of playing FFVII and MGS you will feel the need to donate a memeory card today. PM me if u feel generous. :)
    Ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flashweaver

Where did you get your hands on MGS?? I need that!!

Where did you get your hands on MGS?? I need that!!

Trade secrets that can only be revealed upon delivery of a ps1 memory card:cool: hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flashweaver

I had one...but i lost it after i got a ps3. It doesn't need one:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

a the memories of playing this when I was a teen :-),such a great game.

I had one...but i lost it after i got a ps3. It doesn't need one

Yes on the PS2 you do need a ps1 memory card to save your games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

I actually play this game at least once a year.I did it 2 months ago and made an ultimate file with everyone having all the master materias,(as in 3 sets of all master materias)master 4 cut etc,lv 99,master weaons etc.It took me 75 hours roughtly.Pretty sad but it looks kick ass when everyone is as good as they can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Garkah

if you wana be rich just get a **** load of all materia and lvl it up fully and sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Do I remember putting coutless hours into Aerith's level 4 limit break? Did I buy it from some character near mithril mine??

efla wrote: »
    Do I remember putting coutless hours into Aerith's level 4 limit break? Did I buy it from some character near mithril mine??

You got the Mythril from the sleeping man in the cave accross the river near Fort condor. He tells you the number of battles you've fought in. If the last two digits are the same then he will give you the Mythril. e.g. 88, 166, 488, 522.

You take the Mythril to the weapons seller house near the Gold Saucer and Gongaga. If you give him the Mythril he'll allow you to open one of two boxes in the house. Choose the small one upstairs to get the Great Gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

That was it!

Took me ages to level everyone up....

Southern Island near Wutai had enemies with most frequent high exp. if I remember. But I couldn't have brought Aeirith there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The Don wrote: »
    Emerald is pretty easy once you know that its attack "Aire Tam" is "Materia" spelled backwards.

lmao, played this game for over a decade and completed it hundreds of times, and never noticed that before know. haha
    ah well always beat him anyway.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Don't forget to get Yuffie as a party member, from memory..she is not essential and can be missed...i think

As everyone esle stated,

Gold Chocobo, Kinights of the Round
    And...if you have the time....the 2 weapons...i put them off for 3 years cause it meant grinding...levelling my men up to much higher levels than those needed to complete the game....and also it means levelling up the KOTR/Mime/W-Summon materias...which took ages...even in weapons where the materia exp was tripled /doubled

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

All this talk of FFVII makes want to dust off that grey beauty, find my memory card ( it's around somewhere, I'm sure of it ) and kick Weapons ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭HHH

That was it!

Southern Island near Wutai had enemies with most frequent high exp. if I remember. But I couldn't have brought Aeirith there

Ya i spent months fighting on that island!!!!
    I got the game for x-mas the year it came out and played it day and night up as far as bone village.
    Couldn't for the life of me find the lunar harp and, being from the stix and being 11, had no internet to cheat and find out where it was.
    So i dug and dug and dug for 3 weeks solid and got fed up!!!
    Went back playing it after a few days and decided to level up all my characters.
    Got sick of that after a few weeks.... Left the game there for a month and played toca touring cars(that being the only other game i had!!!!)
    Came back to it, found that blasted harp on the second dig and finished the game within 2 days..... I hadn't even heard Aeris died!!!
    What a shock!!!!
    Oh the memories:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That was it!

I'm sure I was able to get there with Aeris in my team. As soon as you get the Tiny Bronco you can go to Wutai instead of going straight to the Temple of the Ancients. It took me absolutely ages but I managed to have everyone level 79 and limit level 3 (level 4 would have been impossible) before fighting the Demon Gate or "Wall Boss" as it became known as... one of the hardest bosses in the game

Advertisement