Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII Info. TELL ME ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

I found the best part for training was after you get the buggy go back to junon and flick the alarm. Disc 2 enemies after 1st Gold Saucer visit! I was gettin 1.4k xp a battle when I was level 22! Aqualung and Beta would be necessities though....

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

adzer86 wrote: »
    Ok so my gf bought me FFVII for me birthday and i intend on getting full usage out of it. I have not played this game since i completed it many years ago so i cant remember squat. If anyone can tell me about all the little extras that are in the game but not essential to completing it that would be great. I dont intend on returning to this game once complete so i want total exposure. No plot Spoilers thanks i already read on wikepedia that areis dies haha.

Cheers

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/45703

playing thru the game again, and using this guide. its pretty good, to the point and some good side quest sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Im playing through this glorious game again, got me the PS3 there recently and flung all my PS3 games in a corner ina frenzy when I found out I could play PSX games on it!!

I've played this game through soooooooooo many times, and I never tire of it. Have to say though, this was the first time I really fudged it up for myself. I kinda raced through Disc2, and before I knew it, I was on Disc 3, before ever setting foot in Wutai, I missed out on Yuffie stealing materia story, meeting the Turks at Turtle's Paradise, the Don Corneo story... gutted I was... wanted my pS3 save of the game to be the ultimate save with everything!!

Oh yeah, and opted to break from my standar team of Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, and instead went for Cloud, Tifa, Red XIII. In Sector 8 in the return to Midgar, while climbing the stairs, I couldnt find Barrett's ultimatre weapon!! I thought I was going blind so ran back down the stairs, but couldn't see it anywhere. Had tgo give up after a while and go smack Hojo around the place. I wondered later, was it not there because Barrett wasn't in my team? I remember he says something like "Just you wait Hojo you @%&*!, Im a comin!" when you pick it up, but never got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ruby is easy..when you know how ;)

Go in with 2 party members dead, the one that's alive only needs 4 materia slots (2 sets of linked ones), you can fill up the rest with anything you want leveled up. 9999 HP is a must. Also have KOTR, Mime, Command Counter (chocobo racing prize) and HP Absorb.

Link HP Absorb to KOTR, and Command Counter to Mime. When the fight starts, fire off KOTR. DON'T revive the other 2!! You've now done all you need to do! Ruby will counter with Ultima - if you have 9999 HP it won't kill you. You'll then counter with Mime - which will be KOTR again; HP Absorb will refill your life, then Ruby'll hit you with Ultima again. And this keeps going till Ruby's dead.

So do this, put down pad, go off and have cup of tea / pint of vodka / whatever, come back in half an hour to find dead Ruby and mucho experience.

That's like saying it's easy to convince a super model to have sex with you, just put a gun to her head...

How cheap a tactic :D

I remember killing Ruby and Emerald, but I do not remember how I did it, it wasn't with cheap tactics though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

HHH wrote: »
    Ya i spent months fighting on that island!!!!
    I got the game for x-mas the year it came out and played it day and night up as far as bone village.
    Couldn't for the life of me find the lunar harp and, being from the stix and being 11, had no internet to cheat and find out where it was.
    So i dug and dug and dug for 3 weeks solid and got fed up!!!
    Went back playing it after a few days and decided to level up all my characters.
    Got sick of that after a few weeks.... Left the game there for a month and played toca touring cars(that being the only other game i had!!!!)
    Came back to it, found that blasted harp on the second dig and finished the game within 2 days..... I hadn't even heard Aeris died!!!
    What a shock!!!!
    Oh the memories:D

Haha this made me feel really sad for a bit :D

I would have been distraught in this situation, being stopped by that harp ****. I remember asking a mate who had finished it what to do to find the harp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

WellyJ wrote: »
    That's like saying it's easy to convince a super model to have sex with you, just put a gun to her head...

How cheap a tactic :D

I remember killing Ruby and Emerald, but I do not remember how I did it, it wasn't with cheap tactics though

Spare me!! The hours of gameplay that you would have to dedicate to get these rare Materia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

It took a while for me to find the earth harp as well. Got it eventually and entered the Forgotten City. I ended up fighting Jenova Life without having the Water ring equipped. I had gotten that far without having a clue how to equip accessories (RPG newb):rolleyes:. I must have forgotten it after one of the tutorials. I must have tried to defeat her ~50 times without it and got slaughtered every time with Aqualung :D. Then I asked a friend who had finished the game how to do it.

* 777th post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

when you first have to fight the midgar zolom, you dont have to fight him, when he goes to the far left you can run across the marsh and enter the cave.h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

oceansize wrote: »
    when you first have to fight the midgar zolom, you dont have to fight him, when he goes to the far left you can run across the marsh and enter the cave.h

The Midgar Zolom will always catch you if you try and run across the marsh. You need to catch a Chocobo in order to be fast enough to make it. Its easy enough to catch one and you can learn the Enemy Skills L4 Suicide and Chocobuckle while your at it.

I did hear of a cheat where you wait until the Zolom is as far away from you as possible and then make a run for it. Just before it reaches you open the menu and save the game. Then exit and reload the game. When it reloads the Zolom will be far enough away from you so that you can make it the rest of the way. I haven't tried it so can't confirm if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

The Don wrote: »
    The Midgar Zolom will always catch you if you try and run across the marsh.

not strictly true. You CAN get accross the marsh without fighting him, it just takes A LOT of time, and a LOT of luck.

its quicker to just get a chocobo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement