Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 08-10-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi all,
    Quick query about insurance, just got my first car yesterday.
    Girlfriend and I are both gona use it so we decided to both get insured on it. She has been insured on her previous car so has a few years no claim bonus. Can she get insured on the car + have me as a named driver even though the car is in my name not hers??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most insurance companies ask you if you are the registered owner before quoting you. Some may have an issue with that while others don't but their premium may take that into account.

At the end of the day your premium is based on the information you provide, if at a later date that information is found to be false the insurance company are legally within their right to refuse to pay out on a claim.

The risk is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread moved from Learning to Drive btw:pac::D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got insured under Quinn Direct under my mothers name but the car is under my name. No questions asked about it. So yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Yes, she can be the main policy holder. Since she will also be driving it then she has the necessary "insurable interest" in the car.

At one stage myself and my wife had 2 on the road cars between us. Her car was insured in my name, and mine in hers. Both with the same insurance company too, and no problem at all.

Advertisement