Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are they now?

• 08-10-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I hope this hasn't already been covered but I was wondering where are these dj's now?

Chris Barry (FM104 / 98FM)
    DJ Lee (Radio Dublin - I think)
    Dusty Rhodes (Radio Dublin)

Just being nosey.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

deelite wrote: »
    I hope this hasn't already been covered but I was wondering where are these dj's now?

Just being nosey.....

You'll find Dusty here http://www.digitalaudioproductions.com/ still in the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

You can hear Chris Barry every Friday between 1pm and 3pm on 949 The Rock in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

The Muppet wrote: »
    You'll find Dusty here http://www.digitalaudioproductions.com/ still in the business.

Met Dusty Last weekend in DAP.. Very nice fella indeed :)

Heathen wrote: »
    Met Dusty Last weekend in DAP.. Very nice fella indeed :)

True

Op is DJ Lee Tracey Lee or was there another ? Tracey Lee was on Today FM last I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

True

Op is DJ Lee Tracey Lee or was there another ? Tracey Lee was on Today FM last I heard.

No, DJ Lee (male) was on Radio Dublin late 70s, early 80s.

I "think" he went into acting in the States and had a small role in "Titanic".

• Advertisement

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

Don't remember him , was more and an ARD 257 fan myself. Dr Don the kiddies friend .

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Was it not Uncle Bren who was the kiddies friend-He who went on to become Brendan O'Carroll?

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Was it not Uncle Bren who was the kiddies friend-He who went on to become Brendan O'Carroll?

That sounds right, It was such a long time ago it's all a bit of a haze. Dr Don was there too he , I think he went on to open a Tandy Radio Shack on Bachelors walk, I wonder where he is now. Was Gerry Ryan he of 2fm on 257?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Dr Don was there too he

"Here is bould divil Don" http://www.heartbeatfm.biz/dj-donmoore.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Where is? Kevin Barrett,Pat Gill,Shay West, Radio Dublin
    Mark Boland AKA Alan Hilton Southside Radio and Big D Radio?

BTW was happy to hear Pat James on The Rock 1278khz AM in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Greenman wrote: »

Thank's for that, I met him in the late 70 , I hadn't a clue where he had dissappeared to. His show on ARD was very good , he was/is a natural.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

I think his programme was called Afternoon Swoon. Reading out horse racing results was a big feature of the show at one stage. It was, again if I remember correctly, sponsored by Alan Tuttle (spl?) Bookmakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

deelite wrote: »

Just being nosey.....

In relation to Chris Barry, as well as being involved with 949 The Rock at the moment, he has been involved over the last couple of years with Dublin's Country Mix 106.8.

The last time I heard of DJ Lee on the radio was with Southside FM on the summer of 1988. He also turned up in the '90s on RTE2 on that stupid quiz show involving Zig and Zag - spinning the discs, what else?!

Southside FM was also the last place I heard rock deejay Pat James, that is until last week when he turned up on 949 The Rock.

As regards Dusty Rhodes, surely to God you must have been aware of his involvement in Atlantic 252 and 2FM for a number of years. I believe he did a stint as well on Sunshine Radio. A few years ago, along with his role as Presdent of DAB, he did weekend stints on Q102, just after the namechange from Lite FM.

Or were you getting mixed up with someone on Radio Dublin who used to have a program in the early '80s called "Dusty's Trail", but that was not Dusty Rhodes!

...a program in the early '80s called "Dusty's Trail"...

Presented by Gerry/Jerry Jones.

...a program in the early '80s called "Dusty's Trail"...

Presented by Gerry Jones.

Advertisement