Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many cats do you have?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Just wondering (can't figure out how to do a poll) given the amount of cat threads of late, how many cats people have here?

At the moment I've 9 of my own.
    Milo, Maisie, Suki, Jasper, Max, Reuben, Cotton, Kenzie & Spice.

Plus 4 fosters, Ella, Ely, Rosie & Ronnie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Six here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

8 - Homer, Luci, Mintoe, Bob, Sufi, Mia, Mao & Lily. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

I have three tabbies...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

I have 2 six-month-old sweethearts (Molly & Jess) at home
    And one older gentleman (Charlie) that lives with my parents!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

We have one cat, a giant named Shadow. She was a stray who came to us just before Christmas last year, and has stayed ever since. She looks like a panther cub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Three currently, two of ours + our house-mate's cat. When we move in four weeks we lose the house-mate's cat and take on two new kittens, allocated to us by our local shelter from the time they were two weeks old, and we've been to see them every Friday since then.

In the new house, there'll be Frank, Eric, Hahn and Turbo. We're putting in a cat-proof fence around the back garden so they can have outdoor time without getting into trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stinky
    Sooty
    Sweep
    Mat
    Adolf
    Jasmin
    Basil
    Saffron
    Tabitha
    Precious
    Tom
    11 that are mine

Chloe belongs to my neighbour but has moved in!

I also feed a few strays that I have caught & had neutered thanks to the cat traps I have borrowed from Cottage Rescue.
    So my strays are called, Henry, Charlie, Hugo & Smudge.

Plus we have 3 kittens looking for a forever home here too! so a fair few live here!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Gobo
    Gerrowdat
    Tortie Princess
    Sugar
    Fleur
    Artemis
    Nico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

3 of my own

Tinka
    Teddy
    tia

and god knows how many kittens this yr looking for homes. Down to one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I seem to have acquired a cat today. I found him like this:

p907403.jpg

Totally unfazed by 20 od dogs trying to eat him... I think he may be suicidal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

We currently have 4, 2 sisters that we acquired living in France, they're 2.5 years old now (Kimba and Kobi), and 2 younger kittens from Cork Cat Action Trust, just coming up for 6 months now (Baxter and Daisy)

We're moving to a bigger house soon, who knows! :D

My mum always had a lot of cats as I was growing up, so I'm very used to having a house full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I have 5 cats.

You hardly ever meet someone who only has one!!!
    You get a cat and it seems every hungry cat within a 5 mile radius knows about it!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

5 here ( not including the visitor )
    Mammy Cat
    Hunter
    Domino / black and white.:rolleyes:
    Tiger / obvious reason.:D
    Frosty.
    Visitor comes every night and wont leave until it gets some water after its food.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

just the one:)

Little girl called Minnie, she's just turned 2. Had a nasty dose of cat flu when we got her so her being alive is a miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Tortie Princess also had a very bad dose of cat flu and is only alive due to the wonderful care of the people who took in her mammy when she had the kittens (you know who you are)

Artemis survived Parvo, which makes him miracle kitty of the year, we weren't supposed to have any more cats, but when foster kittens manage that you just can't send them away.

Gobo lost his mammy at 3 weeks and was finished rearing by some bery kind people.

Gerrowdat had a horrible start in life and came to me a little skeleton, even after several weeks tlc.

Sugar and Fleur are of the ex domestic stray variety but have taken to domestic life as if born to it.

Nico is possibly the only one who had a reasonably healthy and normal kittenhood, but that was 13 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just one, Sammy. And one departed who we named 'Tigger'.

I'd love more.

Cats do the funniest things, brilliant pets once you understand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I've three Tiger Lily who was my first pet cat, Tiger and Tot who are brothers and who I took over when my cousin could no longer keep them. Cats are cute and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

"Just" the two, 6 year old female moggies called Buffy and Holly. They're sisters from the same litter, but are as different as chalk and cheese .. one is outgoing and friendly and sits on your lap, and the other is a great big scaredy-cat who will only let you stroke her when she's in certain places, like our bed, but runs a mile if you try and approach her anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

7 here!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Tortie Princess also had a very bad dose of cat flu and is only alive due to the wonderful care of the people who took in her mammy when she had the kittens (you know who you are)

It's my speciality don'tcha know. :) That and cats missing eyes.

I've had roughly 60 foster cats and kittens since I started fostering and I'd say about 2/3rds of them have had cat flu or some other illness. Of those 3 stayed for long term palliative care (the longest being 13 months before being pts) and the rest have been rehomed (or become permanent residents lol).

• Advertisement

Hang on I'll count.....9.

There is a distinct night of the living dead feel around my house come chow time.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

:D LOL! I can't believe how many cats people have!

I have 4 and a half currently. Two belonging to me Milly & Mac. Two belonging to the friends I am housesitting for - Kitty and Alfie. And the half is the neighbour's kitten who comes to visit every morning and evening and takes over the house.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

I have 2 adult cats and one 3 month kitten, my babies :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

One cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I'm seeing a good few cats on this that have passed through me.:D

H, you have got to win a prize for the most fosters & most dedicated fosterer.:)

If I don't know something, Hadook will always share her words of wisdom & so will Carwash. 2 great ladies to have in cat welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Kudos to all the fosterers and cat carers on this forum. It is great there are such dedicated people to cat welfare.

I have only two myself. Missy 1 yr old (Bundle of love since the day she was found on the side of a main road at 5 weeks old) and Mylo 2yr old male.
    I would have alot more if I had the room and my partner didn't have allergies to cats:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Elvis the persian
    Boss, a british shorthair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I know I'm forgetting about 1 or 2 of the outdoor cats....

Pinky the Spoiled
    Paddy the thick fool
    Handi the mute ejitt
    Moustash the amputee tough ticket
    Forward the bully
    Beard the nervous one
    Socks the 2nd
    Mammy the ex-breeder
    Daddy sir limpalot
    Bear chubby cheeks
    Honey moo who makes herself at home

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

John the indoor ginger & hitler (has a moustach patch, sister named him as a joke and it stuck :) ) the oudside cat - both males.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I have eleven indoor at present:
    Missy 26
    Lara 15
    Gizzmo 12
    Jassie boots 3
    Sky 2-3
    Scrappers 2
    Scooby 2
    Squirrel 2
    Twinkles 51/2 mths
    Angel 4 mths
    Annamo 4 mths

Got a lot of counting on the outdoor guy's there all feral or looked out for by elderly in retirement communities or a round the neighbour hood.

Snowball 4
    Bella 16+
    Tiger 2
    8 in one colony
    6 in one colony
    4 in another
    2 in retirement communities
    9 in retirement communities

I know I'm missing some and haven't named them all but it's some were round that and the neighbours cats usually end up here when they don't care for them anymore and people who love there cats that can't afford them mainly elderly but do feed them well, I help to get them neutered and vaxed or medical care when needed.

:eek: didn't realise how many I was dealing with till I write it down no wonder I'm always broke !!! Not counting all the dogs, I'll end up in a nut house.

Advertisement