Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Memory Card, slows down your phone?

• 08-10-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Bought the new toco a few days ago. When buying the phone the guy asked me if I would like to also purchase a memory card. He was offering either a 1-2gb card. But this wouldnt be enough memory for me because i want to put a good few songs on my phone. So I asked for something closer to 8gb.

He told me that an 8gb card would slow down my phone. Just wondering if this is true? But I sort of suspect he might have just been exaggerating the problem because I think the shop only sold as high as 2gb.

Whilst on the topic , could anyone recomend a place to buy cheap memory cards for my phone. In a shop or online if they deliver to Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

shop4memory or memoryc [same store, diff prices!] based in ireland.

cracking deals at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I had a 2 gig card in my Nokia 6300 and the loading of applications was fairly slow.

I recently upgraded to a Nokia 6500s and have the same memory card in this phone and there is no slowness at all.

So imo it depends on the phone you put it into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Some phones are built to handle large memory loads. For instance the Nokia N95 with an 8gb memory card will be slower than a Nokia N95 8gb, simply because it was never designed tohandle such loads. Generally unless the phone manufacturer recommends it I'd say don't venture above 4gb. But that is just my opinion

Advertisement