Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English & Czech menus

• 08-10-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭

Odd one here

Just did a upgrade reinstall of win xp SP2 from a backup copy on my DELL E520 to fix some errors I was having but now some of my menus and dialogue boxes are in Czech and some in a mix of Czech and English

Anyone else have this problem before

Any and all help gratefully received

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

region / language settings been checked in ctrl panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Nope tis all set to english I have even deleted the languages and reinstalled but still no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Which menus specifically?

Its across the board really see attached screen grab for an example

Also stuff like the tag on the show desktop quick launch icon now reads "Zobraziť pracovnú plochu" instead of show desktop

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What were the problems you were having? Were they malware related? Have you (had) a virus?

• Advertisement

Thats the problem it was a computer that I left in my house with my housesitters while I was awat travelling but have AVG running and have scanned for malware as well. Both came back clear

The reason I did the reinstall was that I was getting runtime errors when I opened the user accounts applet in control panel and when I tried to access services in administrative tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Doing an 'upgrade install' of Windows XP isn't reinstalling it properly, neither is a repair install. My suspicion is that whoever you loaned your laptop to has installed a Czech LIP (Language Interface Pack) that has caused most of the generic menus in Windows XP to be in Czech.

You will need to uninstall this program in Add/Remove programs (a reinstall won't do this for you).

Nope no LIP installed.

The thing is that I didn't have the czech menus till after I did the upgrade install so I think that the files in the i386 folder that came iwth my machine are corrupt which isn't good.

I have tried sinec to do a full install with another copy of win xp but the installer blue screens at the copy file stage. Feeling its a boot to a cd and write zeros to the hard drive job :(

Advertisement