Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lecture Theatre's

• 08-10-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey,

Just wondering where abouts in UCD are the lecture theatre's O, R, Q and M.

I have lectures there at the weekend and have been given the above detail but nothing else and know I will get lost if i dont ask here!

What building they are in would be a big help

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

T1890 wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering where abouts in UCD are the lecture theatre's O, R, Q and M.

I have lectures there at the weekend and have been given the above detail but nothing else and know I will get lost if i dont ask here!

What building they are in would be a big help

Cheers

they are in the Newman building.when you walk in the main door walk straight past the info desk inside the main door.go left at the end and theatres O, R and Q are straight ahead of you.if you go right instead of left it will lead you down to theatre M. O, R and Q are smaller theaters whereas M is one of the big ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A warning about that building... the lines on the floor point to the blocks in the buillding, but bear no relation to lecture theatres. Don't do what I did, follow "Q" and expect to find lecture theatre Q. Yes, it's bad design.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

kev_s88 wrote: »
    they are in the Newman building.when you walk in the main door walk straight past the info desk inside the main door.go left at the end and theatres O, R and Q are straight ahead of you.if you go right instead of left it will lead you down to theatre M. O, R and Q are smaller theaters whereas M is one of the big ones

Theatre Q is bigger than M(Jaysus I'm being fairly petty he:D). So is O I think, which is same size as Q.

And OP, Theatre L is right beside M. All in Newman(Arts) building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Mushy wrote: »
    Theatre Q is bigger than M(Jaysus I'm being fairly petty he:D). So is O I think, which is same size as Q.

And OP, Theatre L is right beside M. All in Newman(Arts) building.
    Theatre M has a capacity of 281, Q has a capacity of 269, P: 264, O: 190.

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Theatre M has a capacity of 281, Q has a capacity of 269, P: 264, O: 190.

Jaysus, one I'm in for Sociology(one of them) looks a hell of a lot bigger...then again, I'm not sure is that Q though, think it is. The other Sociology I have is in M, which definately seems a lot smaller.

BW, where you get that info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

BW, where you get that info?
    It will be on any undergraduate timetable. For example, take a look at the undergrad economics timetable. Beside where it states which theatre the lecture is on, it has the maximum capacity.

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    It will be on any undergraduate timetable. For example, take a look at the undergrad economics timetable. Beside where it states which theatre the lecture is on, it has the maximum capacity.

Ah right, never knew what that actually meant. Just the others, namely Q, I thought were bigger. Seem like a lt more space in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Ah right, never knew what that actually meant. Just the others, namely Q, I thought were bigger. Seem like a lt more space in them.

thats what ya get for trying to say im wrong mushy :D

kev_s88 wrote: »
    thats what ya get for trying to say im wrong mushy :D

Note to self: Never doubt Kev again...actually, ya know, screw that, lets get drunk:D

I'm still so sure that Q looks much bigger than M though, and I'm in both one after the other.

Advertisement