Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating an software audio player [FYP]

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

i'm looking for ideas for a final year project and i've been toying around with the idea of making an audio player much like wmp/winamp/foobar etc.

now i know it's a fairly basic concept, but what i'm stuck on is what language to use? i'd be fairly proficent in c/c++/php/perl and have a good understanding of java (although i don't really like it) and how to set my audio player apart from just being a clone of what's already out there.

what i was thinking was having the ability to automatically search the web for lyrics/guitar and or bass tabulature for the song that's playing in the audio player and have my program rank the results found.

would this be a broad enough idea or do you think it would be deemed too simple or similar to what's already out there.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

VLC is open-source, could try modifing that into something else maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Have a squizz at amarok. It has some very nice features and a plugin option. Contributing to a successful open source project would look very good for a FYP methinks.

Advertisement