Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance renewal Q

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Lads

My policy is up on the 10th, I got a letter on the 18th of last month but the fee was way too much like 600e+, I paid around 300e last year.

I had 4yrs NCB last yr, On my renewal letter it said I had 1 yr NCB..wtf.?

I had a slight alteration with a woman of a suv early this yr, I hit her rear mudflap on a roundie in citywest, she was in the middle of the roundabout and I had no way of avoiding her. I have taken a picture of her jeep and there is absolutely no damage, I can post them up here if anyone wants a peep.

I got a letter from my insurance and they wanted to know the story with this incident and If I wanted to take further action and I said no, I did not.

So, When I changed cars a few months ago to a 1.8 mondeo the guy says there will be no furthr charge for this and I said thats fine.

Now, I am shocked about the premium I am hit with and what happend to my NCB ?

I emailed this broker weeks ago and zero reply, and they have not even bother to call me up.

what a shambles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it sounds like she made a claim,afaik this will take a certain number of years of the n.c.b,(like 4 going back to 1), although if she tried to claim off your insurance they would have sent you a heap of forms to fill in and to draw a sketch of the accident scene,i think?
    personally id be delighted with 600,mines 1400euro,5 penalty points,careless driving conviction,all in one go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

^Possibly but he would have had to gotten forms as you said.

I wouldnt be happy if my ncb was basicly gone and the price doubled. Ring and find out what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

They sent me forms to fill in on this accident, draw diagrams etc.

at the end they wanted to know if I was going to take further action or if this was for informational purpose which I checked.

I am totally peeved off, I mean I have pictures taken of her SUV, absolutely nothing wrong with it. And they have told me nothing about this, I mean if the lady did take claims off me.

How can I proceed with this? The guardai that came told us to sort it out amongst ourselves.

This is a joke tbh, I mean if I rear ended someone on a motorway fair enough but this... and besides, she was in the middle of the roundabout in the 1st place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I dont know if I had step back on my policy, I should have had..? this is such a mess....

would step back be on your renewal form?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I say ring them up and find out if she did claim. Dont wait for them to ring you.

Its a joke indeed. The amout of people who cant use a roundabout in this country :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement