Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about boards.ie?

Options
  • 08-10-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering! Is it the randomness? The funneyness? Or just the?????

You can fill in the blanks...

What do you love about boards.ie.

?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I love yore ma....

*hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The users that never learn to give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Seeing half-wits embarrass themselves on a daily basis....... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

the women!

cybersex is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Trolls.

Honestly - they're hilarious (but not for the reasons they think they are).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I love it for it's vast knowledge base, I know I'll go into darts tomorrow and fin out why llyod reacted like a tool when he beat painter this evening.

I love it for the superb coffee I'm drinking thanks to all the other nutters in the coffee forum.

I love it because I can find out where to buy the cheapest xyz or when to bite the bullet and pay for the more expensive one as it'll work out better in the long run.

I could go on but you get the jist.

It's all down to the randomness, whatever your query or wonder there's a place where you'll get a comprehensive
    answer. Up the boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I like how people complain about other people complaining and don't realise that they're being hypocritical by doing it, then the same person has the intention of calling someone a Troll yet Boards.ie is nothing but a site where trolls meet with fellow trolls to discusss matters that they don't agree with and thus the argument begins again.

Boards.ie has a way of going around in circles. Oh god, i'm feeling dizzy gotta go puke out mom's Pizza.

Seriously though i like to talk to total strangers and hear what they have to say about things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I love it cos when i think i'm a total loo-la for having a weird opinion on something theres 346 other people who also think the same. It proves on a daily basis im not goin mental :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Or it could just be that a load of people are going mental.

For me it's the posters. Some are informative or intelligent and nothing short of helpful which is great especially when you're stuck. One of the best things though has to be after hours. Some of the shíte that gets posted in here has me in tears. Keep it up.

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Or it could just be that a load of people are going mental.
    True! Safety in numbers then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..because its daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

The complete lack of navel gazing.

Oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It sure beats the alternative - work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

the 50% off satsuma vouchers have always been the deciding factor for me, if it wasn't for that cheap vitamic c who knows where i'd be now , keep it up boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I can usually find out interesting/weird/topical things on boards to discuss with friends and appear knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's slightly more work-safe than Something Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The funny people. Random chats. Nice to get an Irish perspective on things. It's causes such time drainage though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The vastness of the range of topics up for discussion.

On most days I'll be found in:
    Feedback, Forums, After Hours, Soccer,
    Humour, Other Humour... Creative Writing,
    Music, Limerick City, Fitness, BGRH,
    Personal Issues, Teach na nGealt

I can think of only one friend of mine in the real world who would be able to hold a knowledgeable discussion on each of those areas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The ability to put up a poll to ask the boards community what they think about a certain subject. Since Pigheads wise old Uncle Rupert died back in 2005 he has used boards polls to decide both major and minor life decisions.

From deciding which breakfast cereal to take out of the multipacks to picking out the perfect online girlfriend each and every poll has improved Pigheads life for the better and best of all lessened the need for him to think for himself. Respect the Polls.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Strangely enough, I also quite like pighead's idiosyncratic style of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Today a girl in my class walked into a computer room I was in and went onto Boards. I walked over for a chat. We were talking for about ten minutes when I said "Sorry, I'm interrupting you..." and gestured towards the screen. She was said "No, it's nothing" and closed the window, embarrassed to be on the site.

Heh. If only she knew. I enjoyed that. Thanks Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Today a girl in my class walked into a computer room I was in and went onto Boards. I walked over for a chat. We were talking for about ten minutes when I said "Sorry, I'm interrupting you..." and gestured towards the screen. She was said "No, it's nothing" and closed the window, embarrassed to be on the site.

Heh. If only she knew. I enjoyed that. Thanks Boards!

Boards is like a dirty little secret to me as well. A few people know I'm here but don't know my username(I hope). I like the anonymity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Stalking the stalkers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The connection to the Fatherland. And the mentalers on AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I love the people who want to know everything about everything

What do like about boards?
    Why was I banned?
    Who do you think you are?
    Does anybody think this is gross.......

Etc etc etc etc

Some are worse than others.
    Get a frikken life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's a great way to stave off boredom. If I wasn't on Boards right now, I'd be wasting my time doing something much less productive, like studying or completing that late lab report I haven't handed in yet.

Nope, this is a much better use of my time.

And some of the posters on here are frickin' hilarious (intentionally or otherwise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I love the way the admins send me 10 euro every time I post.I mean, ok, it works out a little below NUJ rates but on the same hand it's a lot easier to bang something out and I don't mind taking the hit in the pocket when they send me my Harrods hamper at Christmas. When you add in the expense account, company car and Saville Row "uniform" (according to the taxman) and add in the office/Four Seasons suite it balances out nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I love lamp.

...and the Dave McSavage thread in the Thunderdome. R.I.P

Advertisement