Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veggie / vegan food options?

• 08-10-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

yeh yeh i know. apart from obriens on campus, is there anything around town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I think that most places would do vegetarian options, check out the health shop, and you should have no problem food shopping with all the different options these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Veggie groups not great out there, I've been living ont he packec lunch.

This benefits my pockets, which in turn adds to the alcohol fund. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Was informed by my veggie friend the other day that the canteen no longer provide a veggie option. They used to, but for some reason it's no longer available.

I'd say the coffee mill definitely has Veggie options, they're beside Manor Mills, towards the crossroads in the middle of the village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Mill Wine Cellar, Say what you want in there and twill be sorted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

As a veggie you have to options
    1. Put up.
    2. F**k off

Seriously though, id go with the packed lunch, the money saved is amazing.
    If you have to eat out id try the bagel factory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kilboy

Yeah, I've been living here for a year now, your best bet, if you're living here is to pop down Tesco way (Its worth the walk) and pick up a load of veggie stuff there. Buy fresh not microwave because its cheaper and it doesn't rot your soul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Twist do some vegetarian options but not many.

Don't think anywhere in the town is vegan.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

the Roost would surely have veggie options.

And whether canteen's "meat" is actual meat has not been proven so everything there could be veggie :).

Coffee mill veggie quiche ftw, I noticed that as well about the canteen, they used to do some real nice veggie stuff too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Something really needs to be done about the canteen.... It just gets worse every year. I had a lovely cold pasta in what appeared to be some sort of gravy flavoured water last week. And the veggie options were usually the safest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kilboy

ATTN: All budding entrepreneurs. . . Open a veggie retaurant in Maynooth, I'll run it for a nominal fee!

Aye, veggie canteen option saves us from the still pink chicken..

Advertisement