Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are Fiat Puntos Good Cars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

(CH3)2CHOH wrote: »
    Yep, I'll correct you, the Mk2's have a guage. Suppose they need it......:p

British spec base models Mark 2's do not have a gauge... they also have windy windows, a tape deck and more plastic than the lego factory, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MYOB wrote: »
    British spec base models Mark 2's do not have a gauge... they also have windy windows, a tape deck and more plastic than the lego factory, though.

I suppose that's the VRT effect in action- in the UK, they're expendable cheapos, in Ireland ANY new car is something to be proud of...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

working in fiat parts, things that are prone to the 00ish model are,
    steering motor(part of colum) 579plus vat for part
    head gasket(can be expensive time wise) 300ish
    wiper linkage/motor 150 plus vat
    other than that they may have the odd thing here and there that can go in many car,
    every car has there problems in different areas, although they have got better in time with the more recent model of cars people don't seem to be buying them..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cantdecide wrote: »
    I suppose that's the VRT effect in action- in the UK, they're expendable cheapos, in Ireland ANY new car is something to be proud of...

Would suspect so. Its weird, luxury makes the Paddy Specials have no extras and tiny engines; Fiat the Irish models are higher spec than the UK - always have been. My car had a trim kit that costs a few hundred in the UK included by default for instance.

Advertisement